Part 10: Happiness (last part)

"Not so fast!", I yelled after Mason "I know you really love to play, but I can't run like you guys."
"Don't rush yourself, honey", Mason chuckled helping me walking downstairs.
"Daddy!", the voice of the little Boy screamed "I want to play!"

We were on our way to the playground with our five years old son. We named him Jason. He was a cute, happy boy. And now he was expecting a sister.

"Baby", Mason called out "You can stay here if you want. We will be back before dinner."
"No", I said "I want to spent time with the men I love the most."

It was indeed hart to carry a vampire baby. I had to drink more blood than usual and going to a human playground was dangerous, because of my thirst.
But we prepared everything. I had a big bottle of blood with me every time, so I could just use this and not lose control over my thirst.

Mason didn't have this problem since he was born as a vampire and Jason came after his father. Even though he was just a kid I could tell that he would become as handsome as his father.
Starting a family with Mason was the best decision of my, now very long, life.

We arrived at the playground and Jason got more and more excited to play.

"Lilly", he screamed, spotting the little figure of the four years old girl playing in the sand.

Lilly was Marie's daughter. She was one year younger and Jason's best friend. They did everything together.

Marie wasn't working for Mason anymore. She found a new Job where she had more time for her husband and her daughter. We still were friends because Marie was there for me in my hardest times.

The first weeks after I got turned were hell. I was always thirsty and even though I was about to lose control, Marie stayed by my side until I felt better. She was the one, that helped me to control my thirst. Of course, Mason was there too, but through Marie I learned how I could prevent myself from hurting humans. We got very close and I could tell that Marie was like a sister for me.

I even saw my real sisters twice. They were at a cafe with my mother, and Mason and I were there too.
She didn't see me at first, because I was getting coffee for Mason and me, so she approached Mason.
Of course, I noticed it and I was able to listen through my new vampire senses.
"Mr. Young", she cheered "Long time no see. I hope my daughter doesn't bother you too much."
"We are fine", Mason answered "Don't worry."

It was hard to not laugh when I came to them. Mason purposely took my hand so my mother could see our engagement ring.
She was mad and she was definitely embarrassed.
"Oh", she smiled "congratulations!"
"Thank you!", I fake smiled back.
Then she just went away, and I never saw her again.

The other time I saw my real sisters was some days before Mason and I got married. They both came to our house and wanted to apologize. They told me that my mother freaked out because I was marrying the owner of one of the biggest companies of the country.
They got scared of her and realized that she had to be mentally ill. They even told me that they didn't know about her plan of killing me. Mother ever let me look like the bad girl, but now they knew better.

I appreciated that they apologized and brought our mother to a psychiatric clinic. Seemed like I missed very much.

Even though I appreciated my sister's actions very much, I didn't really keep in touch with them. Mason even suggested to invite them to or wedding. But I wasn't sure, and it didn't feel right.

I was so happy when Mason finally asked me to marry him.
It was on one of his company's events. The event was at his parent's bar again and before he had to make a speech because of what they were celebrating. He asked me to stand beside him before he started to speak.

At the end he raised his glass to the reason of the event, but he hadn't finished his speech.
He said that there was something else and looked at me. Of course, I was confused, but soon he kneeled down on one knee holing the little ring box in front of me.

"Will you marry me?", he asked.
I immediately said "yes", happy tears streaming down my face. Everyone cheered and was happy for us.

Our wedding was rather small. We invited his friends and family that also were my friends and family now. We also invited Marie.

It was a beautiful day. My dress was thigh and rather simple. So was everything else. The church was a small one. And our party location was a hall of the company.

We were so happy that we promised to love each other forever.

Only one year later I got pregnant for the first time. It was a big surprise and I found out while Mason was at work.
I felt very sick in the morning and my period was late too. I didn't really think much about it, but when I asked Marie for help, she told me that I should buy a pregnancy test. Just to be sure.

Marie was on a vacation that day so she wasn't there in person, but I could ever call her. No matter what.

Came out that the pregnancy test was positive and to make sure I called my doctor. She was free and I was able to visit her that day. She made and ultrasound and assured me that every sign was right. I was pregnant.

I got home in the evening. Mason was already home and rushed to me when I opened the door. He had been very worried because I didn't tell him that I would go somewhere.

I wasn't sure how to tell him and just walked to the living room in silence.
"Baby", he called out "What's wrong?"
I could see the worry in his face, but I just stared at him, a tear falling down from my eyes.

"I'm pregnant", I suddenly said. Mason just stared at me, moth and eyes wide open.
"Are you sure?", he asked, and I handed him the test and the ultrasound picture.

He hugged me. He was so happy that he was finally going to be a father and he promised me to be the best father ever.

And he kept his promise. He always took care of our son and now, five years later, we were expecting our second child. A girl.

I was so happy that our family was growing. And seeing how happily Jason was playing on the playground and knowing that soon there will be another one playing with them, made me so happy that I had to try not to cry.

It was just a beautiful feeling, knowing that I had a long future with the love of my life and my children coming. A future that was going to be as amazing as the last years with Mason were. A future with real friends, a real love and a real family. A future that was going to just perfect. No matter what.