Part 6: What am I to you?

I woke up in a soft fluffy bed. I tossed and turned slowly gaining consciousness.
Was this all a Dream?
I felt that I wore my pajamas.

I opened my eyes to see dark bedsheets around me. This wasn't my room. My room had white sheets.

Realizing that I wasn't where I should have been made me sit up abruptly.
I looked around to see an unfamiliar room. There were two doors on one side. Then there was another door on the other side. On one wall was a cupboard and a tv hung in the wall. There was a wall made of glass as a big window. In front of That was a small velvet couch and, on that couch, I saw Mason. He was looking at me with worried eyes.

"Where am I?", I asked.
"My bedroom", he replied with a soft voice "I couldn't let you be alone."
I nodded.

He stood up and walked to a phone that was standing in the cupboard. He dialed a number.
"She's awake", he said after some seconds. Then he hung up.

"Don't worry", he said approaching me "I just called Marie. She is worried and I promised her to call her when she came last night to help you getting changed."

That explained why I was in my pajamas.

"How do you feel?", he asked.
"Did this really happen?", I asked.
He nodded slowly. I touched my neck feeling soft fabric on it. My eyes widened.
"It's just a scratch, but I had to cover it because the smell of your blood almost made me go crazy", he assured me.
"Will something happen?", I asked.
"No. The scratch had no affects. A bite would have been worse", he told me.
Then he hugged me.

We were sitting on his bed hugging each other for a few minutes until we heard a knock.
It must be Marie.

Mason stood up and opened one of the doors. It was the door to his office. He went to the main door in his office and opened it for Marie to come in.

"Book!", she screamed and approached me. She sat on the edge of the bed and hugged me.
"Are you okay?", she asked "I was so worried. What happened?"
"Nothing, Marie. It's okay", I reassured her "Mason- I mean... Master Young saved me"
She hugged me even tighter.

"She got attacked", Mason said "Marie I want you to do something."
She turned around to face him.
"Go and tell all the maids that there will be more guards placed around the house, so they won't be scared. They can do their work like always the guards will not affect their work. I just don't want them to wonder", he demanded.
"Okay", she said.
"And" he continued "could you bring Brooks belongings here? I want her to stay here."
"Yes, Master Young", she replied and went away.

"You want me to stay?", I asked.
"Yes", he said "I don't know what they did with Josh yesterday and I doubt that they killed him. I just want to be sure that you are safe."

"What exactly am I to you?", I asked. This question just came into my mind. I couldn't stop myself from asking. It was like my heart wanted to know.
He sighed.
"You are not my maid anymore", he said "Don't call me Master Young ever again."
"This isn't really an answer", I said.
"I know", he sighed "but I wanted to help you finding your memories about me. On a natural way."
"My memories about you?", I questioned, more to myself but he heard it.
"About our past", he said "we knew each other before you had this stupid accident."

Oh my god. My assumptions were right all the time. We knew each other, but why didn't he tell me?
Why did he keep this a secret?

"Why didn't you tell me?", I asked.
"Because of the burden it would bring", he said "Burden?"
"There is more", he sighed "Another reason why I bought you. Another reason why I treat you like that."
"I want to know", I exclaimed.
"I don't know", he contemplated "I don't think it's the right time."
"You are right", I said "I have to change my clothes and maybe I should take a shower."
"Okay", he stated "Behind this door is a bathroom you can use the shower if you want. I will bring you some towels and clothes.

We both stood up. I walked to the shower and he walked to a cupboard.

I was already in the shower and didn't notice that Mason came in and laid the towels and some clothes on the edge of the bathtub.

When I came out of the shower, I saw the towels and the clothes. They were his clothes. I didn't have many clothes. Only some jeans and shirts. I guess he gave his clothes to me because he wanted me to be comfortable.
There were a sweatshirt and some sweatpants. Both were in black. I put them on after brushing my teeth. Then I dried my hair and walked out of the bathroom.

"Are you feeling better?", Mason asked.
"Yes", I said "You can tell me now."
"I told you that it could be hard, and you still want to know?", he almost yelled.
"Yes", I said.

He sat on his bed again, sighing.
"Okay", he said "what do you want to know?"
"What am I to you?", I asked.
"This again?"
"Yes", I said sternly "What am I to you?"

He stood up again and walked to the window. He didn't face me. It was like he couldn't.
"Do you believe in soulmates?", he suddenly asked.
"Not really", I replied.
"Well... you should. Because that's what we are."
He turned around looking into my eyes.
"We are soulmates", he said "That's why I can't control myself. That's why I took you. But I wanted to stay away from you!"
"Why?", I whispered
"Because...", he sighed again "The closer we get, the harder it is for me to not bite you. I wanted you to remember me so desperately, but I also knew that I wouldn't be able to control myself if we would get closer so fast."
"You just didn't want to hurt me?", I asked.
"Yes"

"But why?", I asked "Why are you like this? On one side you want to help me to find my memories, but on the other side you don't want me to find them."
"I hoped that you would find them slowly and that I can learn to control myself", he stated.
"Why does this have to be so difficult? Why did you drag me into this?", I was almost crying.
"Because I love you!", he yelled.

What? He loved me? But... how?

My eyes widened. Did he really just say that? Was it the truth? Why did I hope that it was the truth?
"How can I not?", he asked "You are gorgeous. You are perfect. You have the biggest heart. How could I not love you?"
I was still shocked. He really loved me. my heart skipped a beat.
"I love you for such a long time, Brook", he said "And somehow I hoped that my actions make you fall in love with me too."

"I- I- ", I stuttered "I don't know what to say?"
"You don't have to say something", he assured me.
"Yesterday", I continued, ignoring what he just said "When you saved me... when I saw your eyes... your red eyes..."
"I scared you, didn't I?", he interfered but I again ignored his words.
"I never felt so... safe", I said "I think I... feel something for you too."

His eyes widened at my statement.
"You do?", he asked.
"I guess", I mumbled.

Then he hugged me, and I hugged him back. Even though he was a cold person with a cold body, I felt warm. I felt save around him and I never wanted to let go.

"Show me!", I demanded after some time.
He backed away, staring at me.
"What?", he asked.
"Show me my memories", I demanded again.

"You know what that means, right?", he asked after some seconds of thinking "You know what I have to do then, right?"
I just nodded determined. His face showed happiness but also worry, but that didn't hold me back. I had to know.