𝕠 𝕟 𝕖

╔ ╗

𝙊𝙉𝙀

      ╚                                                          ╝

╚ ╝

"this will be a piece of cake, you'll regret saying what you said you stupid girl!" Mizukis random blond haired opponent snarls at her, the purple eyed girl paying him no mind and simply looking forward waiting for the beef to start.

"not talking ay? take back what you said and I might just let you off easy!" Mizuki rolls her eyes, feeling annoyed with the yelling this boy was doing.

she didn't think giving constructive criticism was such a mean thing to say.
all she said was to work on his balance and immediately after she was getting challenged to a beef. feeling annoyed that the girl continued to ignore him and "publicly embarrassed" him, he grabs a handful of her blouse.

Mizukis eyes flick up, narrowing at his own blue ones. her gaze almost making him back off before he becomes angry again.

"instead of being a gigantic asshole, why don't you just learn how to skate better and maybe, I don't know, take some constructive criticism?" people around the 2 opponents laugh at her retort, making him more noticeably angry.

he growls as he turned rapidly foward, leaning at a 45 degree angle as if preparing for take off.

Mizuki smirks at this, also leaning foward a bit farther than her opponent as he finally quit with his mumbo jumbo.

the red lights start going down, signaling the race was about to begin. as soon as the light turns green, Mizuki runs and soon steps atop her butterfly winged shaped board, she lets herself stay a bit behind knowing when she'll need to gain speed.

her blond haired opponent smirks, seeming like he had the upper hand above her.

Cherry Blossom and Joe both stand side to side, watching the race with curiosity. "she must be a new recruit, I've never seen her before." Joe states, abandoning the so-called babes on his arms to watch the girl in the butterfly haori.

"new and already in a beef? not such a great idea." Cherry replies, coming out a bit muffled due to the black mask covering his mouth and nose.

"let's make a bet on who wins then." Joe challenges, completely turning towards Cherry.

"we're both thinking the male opponent is gonna win right? not much of a bet." from what Joe can see, Cherry obviously didn't believe the purple eyed skater was gonna win.

"no actually, my bets on Mariposa." Joe states, his arms crossed confidently.

Cherry turns toward Joe with his eyes narrowed, "Mariposa?" he questions, wondering where the name came from if Joe said he didn't know who this girl was earlier.

"Spanish for butterfly, or so I've heard."

Cherry hummed and shook his hand to confirm their bet before turning back to see the outcomes of the match.

Cherry dropped his beloved board, Carla, in shock of what he was seeing.

a rock which can be used at a skating ramp was seen up ahead. while the blonde haired boy Cherry betted on went to avoid it, the butterfly girl takes the makeshift ramp unexpectedly.

she kept herself balanced before squatting on her board and opening her arms to fully reveal her butterfly haori.

the blond haired boy heard gasps and cheers before looking up to see Mizuki pass above him, her haori outstretched made it seem like she was flying.

the boy gasped along with the crowd, seeing as she soared through the sky with such speed that when she finally landed and passed the corner he couldn't even see her anymore.

the blonde haired boy gulps before growling angrily, knowing he needed to catch up. but looking at one of the big boards screening the event he sees she's already at the last part of the race.

the said boy goes wide-eyed as he looks at the board, "what!? we were only halfway when she made that jump how is she all the way over there?!?"

he watched her stop tauntingly on screen as if waiting for him to show up, he growled going faster to prove that he was gonna win this.

it took a bit for him to show up, but Mizuki seen him approaching and let the corner of her lips twitch up.

she watches the boy pass her before she takes off behind him, now anyone doing this would obviously be stupid but not Mizuki.

Mizuki begins to slide on the railing, startling her white haired opponent, "these railings have holes and are unstable, you'll fall!! are you craz-?"

he stops as she once again extends her arms, the haori making her glide upon dents that would make any other skater fall to their demise if not that than extremely hurt.

the boy watches her glide to the finish line, everyone cheering her on as they were amazed at what they had just watched.

when she lands, she is kneeled on her board with only one arm outstretched and the other holding the board to her feet.

Cherry mouth opens so wide that Joe laughs at the sight of it. "yeah let's go Mariposa!"

people around Joe hear the nickname and immediately start chatting about her, "is that her name, Mariposa?"

"wow of course a great skater has a pretty name!"

"did you see the way Mariposa flew through the air!"

"It's like she was flying! Almost like a butterfly!!"

"that was no amateur alright, I shouldn't have underestimated her ability." Cherry acknowledges his mistake, promising himself to never underestimate someone based on how they appear.

Joe and Cherrys fans lined up beside them, but they were paid no mind to as they both watched the girl in the butterfly haori leave S.

both wondering who the hell she was.

【authors note】
hey guys I hope you somewhat enjoy this chapter! usually for anime books I write, I put in a cast so you get a general idea of what the character looks like. since I'm not sure if I want to make this a langa x reader or joe x reader the character I choose might shift a little.