116

Chapter 116: I came to pick up my girlfriend to go home and celebrate the Chinese New Year.

The Lord Goddess was the systems current master, and all operators were loyal to her, except for 008 whose chip had been damaged. Re ad at Yu ri Trans lations

Within them, the systems, the Lord Goddess was absolute, she was the supreme being, and was beyond doubt.

All the worlds were her toys— her own personal playthings.

Her possessive desire was something absolute, she would never allow anyone to break her toys, or… rebel against her.

The chips that functioned inside the brains of all operators were the foundation that made them loyal and obedient towards her. Because of the rapid development of science and technology, the fundamental and lasting effect of this loyalty and obedience were very high, and it could not be easily broken, therefore, no program was installed inside the system that would inspect the quality of the chip.

This point was also due to the goddess herself— she was very confident.

She confidently believed that no one would betray her; confidently believed that everyone, including the hosts that were captured in the real world could be toyed within the palm of her hand; confidently believing that she deeply understood the nature of humans.

Of course, in the normal human world this “confidence” would be called arrogance.

So she didn’t set up any program to test the operators inside, and when 008’s chip suddenly seemed damaged he was able to escape.

As for why his chip broke, it was mainly due to when the Space and Time Administration attacked. At the time of the attack, it shook the entire system, there was even a cabin that got caught in the crossfire and was almost destroyed, the operator that was inside was also affected, with their entire body hitting the console.

And that operator, was unfortunately him.

Because of the impact he was involved in, his internal process was examined after having rested for several days, there were no problems with the functions of the chips in his body, including the one in his brain, and he was told to report to the main system if there was something.

At that time, his chip was not broken, and he was absolutely loyal, so he said everything was fine.

In the end, a few days after he returned to his post, a problem appeared with his brain chip, this was probably what people in the human world would describe as “getting your brain broken.”

Because his brain was “broken” he gained the ability to think independently, then he met Yu Ru Bing and Tang Han Qiu, these two women that could resist.

Their actions astonished him, so he pondered and tried to understand.

Why were they reluctant to obey?

What did it mean to obey?

He wanted to know more, he wanted to understand more, so for the first time he made his own decision, a decision that was contrary to their loyalty and obedience— not to report his damaged chip to the main system.

He was thankful that the Lord Goddess did not install a detection program for their chips, otherwise he would’ve been destroyed for violating his loyalty.

But Yu Ru Bing was obviously not so lucky, because so long as the correction system fails to rectify the whole situation, the Lord Goddess would probably become furious and come to judge her personally.

At that time, no one could say what could happen.

In short, being taken over by the system was definitely better than being taken over by the Lord Goddess.