𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐄; 𝐕𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐎𝐎𝐊

people you love, they made you who you are

people you love, they made you who you are. they're still apart of you. if you stop being you, that last bit of them that's still inside, who you are, it's gone.

he clicked the broadcast button and waited for the red light to appear, indicating that it was recording and once it did, he sighed and nervously licked over his lips, placing the camera down.

"this is so stupid but what else can i do?" he gave a humourless chuckle, staring into the camera even as the number of views stayed at zero, never moving. he didn't know why he even still bothered doing this, it had been months since he started broadcasting at any given opportunity, although it proved difficult at times with those things roaming around.

he had hoped that by doing this it would help him find someone else, anyone. anyone just so he could maybe sleep a little bit better at night knowing someone else was out there, that it was possible to survive. he craved to know that he wasn't the only one out there, cursed to this world.

"it's been so long that i shouldn't even remember the exact moment the world went to shit, but i do." he started off, it was the only thing he could possibly start with this time around. "on that day, i witnessed a series of different events." the boy remembered it all, how he had watched in horror as a girl, maybe no younger than fifteen, was cornered by the those monsters and ripped apart; her screams never failed to haunt him.

"i couldn't have been prepared," he breathed out, shifting in his spot on the couch. he had barricaded himself into his apartment, only leaving when he absolutely had to. since he hadn't wanted his food and water to run out, he was given no choice but to go out and search through the other apartments on his floor; only having killed two walkers and leaving one alone, it served as no threat to him.

"i heard the screams." he admitted, eyes not leaving the camera. "i couldn't do anything. i was a coward and ran from the terrors," he spat, he hated himself. "but, it didn't matter, did it? they were everywhere." it was true, no matter where you turned or where you went, you were going to be faced with rotting corpses.

"i remember everything," he gave another chuckle, shaking his head. "everything."

"i've only see two people like myself but they were outside, i haven't seen anybody else since then . . at least anyone living, like me. i suppose that's maybe a good thing, right? people are probably just as dangerous as those things now." could he even trust anyone now? "but i can't help but just hope-" he broke off, eyes wide as a small ping came from the camera, the figure zero finally changing to a bold number one.

"this is fucking crazy," he managed to get out, getting closer to the camera in hopes that his eyes weren't deceiving him. "who are you?" he asked, opening the small chat where people were able to leave comments, he hadn't received any.

'i should be asking you that.'

AUTHORS NOTES;

AUTHORS NOTES;

hello! i decided to include a small snippet from a chapter as a small teaser for what's in store. i started working on this book back last year and no matter how hard i tried, the ideas i came up with just weren't working for me until i watched a tiktok edit and this idea literally slapped me in the face.

a lot of the information about zombies and how they work are from the walking dead and other zombie related shows and movies; but mostly just the walking dead and #alive.

this is a zombie apocalypse au so you probably already know that this will have heavy angst! there will be obvious romance but it will take time, so please be patient. there won't be heavy smut either, maybe one or two sexual scenes.

that being said, enjoy the book!

P.S. don't get attached to any of the characters, including bts members! <3