𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑; lights, camera, action

CHAPTER FOUR; lights, camera, action

⚠️ — MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND SLIGHT MENTION OF SUICIDAL THOUGHTS. (it's nothing too triggering, i don't think, but please read with caution if that type of thing triggers you. the whole thing is mentioned in paragraph six and so on!) — ⚠️

jungkook walked into the kitchen quietly, still being careful with his movements as he placed his backpack down onto the counter, making sure it was already zipped open so he could quickly place the things he found inside. he knew his own floor was somewhat safe but he wasn't too certain about the others which why was he was trying to remain as quiet as he possibly could, not wanting to be too loud in fear of drawing anything towards his floor.

he took a deep breath before venturing towards the first cupboard, yanking it open and his body all but sags in relief as cans of food greets him. he doesn't even have to move the cans to know that most of them are canned fruits and maybe sweetcorn if the familiar yellow colour is anything to go by, its nothing fancy but he was never going into this for something like that, he just wanted something that would help him survive longer and these cans would definitely help.

the boy smiles faintly as he grabs the cans and moves back to his backpack, placing the food inside in a way that would hopefully help the pack fit more things inside before getting too full. he continues like this for a moment longer, opening the cupboards and grabbing whatever that could be useful, he hadn't come across anymore cans but he had found a couple of protein bars and also a box of unopened plain cereal and he had taken them all, shoving them inside his backpack.

there's only one more cupboard and he hopes it'll have more food inside but as he swings it open, his expression is quick to drop as he's greeted by a box and not one that's related to storing food. he leans closer and lets his eyes scan over it curiously, it's black in colour and maybe of medium size and it almost looks like a bento box. he hesitates before slowly reaching out and grabbing the box, placing it down on the counter before flipping it open, eyes immediately falling onto what was inside.

old comic books. there's about ten of them, the paper tinged with a light brown colour showing exactly how old they were and he realised that the owner must have wanted to keep them somewhere safe if they had stored them like this, probably meaning that the comics probably used to have a large value to them, something that didn't really matter anymore. he sets them aside before seeing that there was something else inside the box and has his hand wraps around it and brings it out for closer inspection, he realises it's a camera seemingly in brand new condition.

his eyebrows furrow but he doesn't think much of it as he grabs the comics and places them inside the backpack and after a moment of thinking he places the camera inside as well. the boy zips the pack up and slides it over his shoulders again, notably noticing how heavier it felt compared to earlier.