𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍; quality time

CHAPTER TEN; quality time

the older male broke the silence with a simple question, one that had the younger looking at him with wide eyes, not quite believing what the male had just asked.

"do you want to ride her around the farm?"

jungkook thought a moment, wondering how he should answer the question. he had never ridden a horse before; he had only seen them in person and even that was a stretch before it was very aware that he saw a horse out in the open, especially in the area in which he lived. he had really only seen horses at the farm he had visited with his family and occasionally, he would see them in a movie or a tv show that he happened to be watching.

he wasn't completely clueless; however, he knew the basics of horse riding and he also knew the things that were needed to keep someone safe. he knew a lot of people had been hurt while horse riding, even professionals weren't utterly safe from an odd injury or two. he eventually found himself nodding, having come to a conclusion.

the world had come to a screeching out and he knew that he had already missed out on so much in such a quick amount of time, he hadn't even fully comprehended it just yet. all the hard work he had put into his schoolwork had turned out to be completely useless, he had worked so hard to get top marks in his classes so he could even be considered for one of the top art schools in seoul.

he truly hadn't been that far into his course; he knew he had a lot to improve on but that didn't really matter anymore, the lecture halls had probably been overrun a long time ago and his professor could have possibly been dead, he had no knowledge if his professor had even left the school along with everyone else.

it was why he couldn't deny the offer of riding the horse around the farm, it was something he had never been able to do before and he had no idea if the opportunity would ever show itself again, especially because the world had become so unpredictable. "i'd like that," he hummed and nodded once again, growing a little excited at the thought of riding a horse. the older male grinned and nodded his head back, motioning for the younger to follow as he travelled further into the barn, stopping in front of another stall.

the younger hadn't quite been able to venture further into the barn, he had gotten far too distracted with the small kitten and then the horse, forgetting that there could possibly be more animals, possibly even more horses. the male eventually moves away from the stall he had been standing in front of, finally looking away from the horse as he goes to where jimin is, quietly standing by his side.

he curiously peeks inside the stall, eyes widening a little. a pure gray horse is already looking back at him, almost like it's curious to know who the newcomer is. this horse is just as beautiful as the other one and the younger knows that both animals are cared for extremely well and he couldn't help the smile that graces his face, it feels good knowing that some animals were still being cared for — it might only be a small number of animals but it was still something.