𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎; agitated neighbours

CHAPTER TWO; agitated neighbours

jungkook nervously ran his hand through his hair as he listened to his mother rant, trying to calm down his racing heart beat at the fact that the world could possibly be ending. the dead were actually rising and even if his mother was correct about the military being sent in, would they arrive on time? cleaning out the dead was one thing but getting rid of the virus completely? that was another.

"your dad and i, we're planning on going to the holiday house. it's safe and in a secluded area, should be-" his eyebrows furrowed as his mothers voice suddenly cut off halfway through her sentence, her once calming voice being replaced by static for no more than a couple of seconds before it returned, although she was saying something completely different than she had been before, almost like she hadn't had interference on her end. "-your dad is outside packing the car, the streets are a mess of people who've had the same ideas as us. we haven't seen any of the infected but-" the woman suddenly cuts off and he heaves out a sigh, suddenly feeling annoyance at why his phone was starting to act up. it had been perfectly fine before so why now?

"mom, you're breaking up." he informs the woman who had raised him once the static sound leaves and her voice comes filtering through again, however he doesn't expect the sudden screams coming through his phone speaker and almost bursting his eardrum at the sheer volume. "oh my god! get-" her voice disappears again and this time it doesn't come back, leaving jungkook with the loud static noises. he felt stone cold panic seize his body at the lack of response, was it his mother who had just been screaming? "mom, are you there? mom?!" he shakily pulled his phone away from his ear before pressing the end call button only to redial the number as quick as his shaking hands allowed him to.

"the person you are trying to reach is currently unavailable at this time. please leave a message after the tone, thank you." the robotic voice trails down his ear and he lets out a sigh, hanging up and repeating his previous actions, only to receive the same thing each time. he does this again and again and again before letting out a frustrated yell and launching his phone in the direction of his couch, not caring if it didn't land on the soft surface since it didn't seem to be working anyway.

what the fuck?  were the only words that seemed to be echoing around his head as he stalked towards his couch and slumped down, he was starting to get a headache as he tried to process the past few hours.

it had been a normal day. he had woken up before his alarm could go off for once, giving him time to take a shower and actually make himself breakfast, ignoring the fact that it had been a simple cup of noodles but still, it was breakfast nonetheless. he had attended his first lecture of the day and was only halfway through his second one when everything collectively decided to go to shit, reminding himself of the headmasters announcement and the first set of screams he had heard.