𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄; hope

CHAPTER FIVE; hope

CHAPTER FIVE; hope

jungkook hit at the heater desperately, a panic stricken expression marring his face as he prayed his hits would miraculously reboot the heating system again and fill his apartment with the familiar warmth he was so used to. it had abruptly cut off maybe one or two hours ago, he wasn't too sure. the younger had only realised something was wrong when he suddenly started seeing the clouds of his breath whenever he breathed out, appearing in front of them before evaporating into thin air.

he had tried not to panic then, sitting in silence until the shivers started as the apartment all but sucked out the warmth and replaced it with icy cold that showed no mercy as it clung to his body. the male was freezing but he forced himself to keep his shivers at bay, focusing on trying to get the heater up and running.

"come on," he found himself muttering, turning the dials and pressing every button his eyes rested upon, hoping that one would eventually return the machine back to life. he continued like this for awhile, his hand movements getting more frantic as he messed around with the heater, trying to use the knowledge his father had share with him about these types of heaters.

they were incredibly old and the boy had already had issues with it in the past, it used to constantly cut off during the day and no matter how many times he contacted the owner of the building, nothing was done about the faulty heating system. he was hoping that is what had happened, perhaps a wire had come loose and needed tightening again.

jungkook wasn't ready for the heater to cut off, no matter how many blankets and thick pieces of clothing he had stocked up on. he wasn't prepared for this but he knew he didn't have a choice anymore, this was new world now and nothing was normal anymore.

"goddammit!" he cursed and slammed his hands down on the metal of the machine, the loud sound echoing through the apartment but he could care less at this moment of time; the heater was without a doubt fucked much to his frustration.

the young male let out a sigh before backing away, closing the cupboard door to the small space in which the heater was located before making his way out of the kitchen and towards the couch, grabbing one of the folded blankets and wrapping it around himself in an attempt to keep the little warmth he had left.

the entire situation sucked, he had honestly thought he would have more time before the heater blew. he had a sinking feeling the water would be the next thing to go but he had luckily used his initiative by filling up empty water bottles, making sure that if the water did go out he would have plenty to drink so he wouldn't die of thirst. jungkook settled down on the couch and blankly stared at the wall in front of him, trying to think of what to do now that he didn't have a working heater.