𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍; the farm

CHAPTER SEVEN; the farm

"what are we even doing here again?" a dark haired male spoke up from where he was currently leaning against a wall, breaking the silence that had wrapped around both he and another male like a warm blanket, it wasn't uncomfortable at all . a small handgun was held tightly in his left hand, the weapon had certainly seen better days; the dark metal was scuffed in multiple places, revealing a lighter colour underneath the original. it didn't really matter though, as long as it still worked and had bullets inside, that was fine for him . . he knew guns were loud and sometimes ended up attracting more of those things but it was the only weapon that made him feel safe, he didn't like being up close and personal with one of those geeks and using a gun promised just that, using a knife or a crowbar was out of the question for him.

silence passed before a sigh eventually broke it again, a lighter haired male shook his head, features soft even given the state of the world around him. "honestly, tae, how many times do i have to explain?" they spoke up, sounding beyond exasperated. he had already explained why they were currently here multiple times, mostly when they were heading away from the farm.

"you know hoseok hyung sent us out for the dude that locked himself in his apartment," he didn't know much about the stranger his hyung had managed to come into contact with, he only knew that they were a male and that their name was jungkook . . and also the fact that he had been locked inside his apartment ever since the world stopped. he'd have to admit, it was a clever tactic but he also knew that the lack of food and water there would've soon become a problem and the fact that it could easily become overrun, just like everything else could.

"do you think he'll come, jimin?" tae, otherwise known as kim taehyung, questioned his partner once again. it wouldn't be the first time they had been sent out to retrieve a survivor only for them to either not show up or they had ulterior motives which had ultimately ended up in their own demise, not theirs. there was also the ones that didn't have the urge to fight back, most of the times suffering at the hands of geeks and on rare occasions, their own.

they tried bringing back as many survivors as they possibly could, the farm was big and they were always in need of an extra pair of hands . . everyone had their own jobs but even then, it sometimes got overwhelming especially when they had to leave the farm to go out and try their luck at looting and finding other people like themselves. in the eight months that had passed, they had lost countless of people on those small little trips . . death was constantly around them and sometimes, it wasn't as easy to avoid. taehyung had seen plenty of nice people, friends and family members, die at the hands of the dead and he hadn't been able to prevent a single one.

park jimin thought for a moment, chapped lips pursed in thought. did he think jungkook would show up? yes, he did. he didn't even know why but with the way his hyung had described his situation, he had absolutely no one to depend on. sure, this new world was all about surviving and thinking for yourself but sometimes depending on someone was better than going through it alone, having a shoulder to lean on for support was admittedly quite a nice thing to have.