𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄; the beginning

CHAPTER ONE; the beginning

"i got the chance last week to check out some of the completed projects and i'm very pleased to see how different they are, i have yet to see the same overall concept idea so well done. there's still some of you who haven't yet handed your finished work in so please do so before this week ends," jungkook sighs as his art professor drones on and on, eventually deciding to just block out the words, having already heard them countless times before.

he had been one of those who had handed in their projects early, wanting to get it out of the way as quickly as he possibly could knowing that if he didn't, he would procrastinate it and leave it to the last second, creating more stress than was necessary.

there was no point of continuing to listen to something that didn't concern him and so he turned his attention onto the window his table was located near, looking out as if something out there would be able to cure his boredom at least until his lecture was over, which wouldn't be for another hour or so.

it was the middle of march and so the weather wasn't the best and so jungkook had made sure to check the weather app before he left, taking his coat with him as there was a high possibility of rain due at some point this afternoon and he wasn't about to take any chances since he walked too and from his lectures.

his eyebrows furrowed slightly at how busy it seemed to be outside, there were small crowds of people moving quickly, some even running like they were in a rush. it wasn't uncommon for the area around the lecture halls to be busy but it was still relatively early so it was rather surprising to see so many people rushing around already. brushing off the confusion he focused back onto his professor, "there'll be another project after i've finished marking your current one and after that-" the professors words were suddenly cut off by the sheer shrill of the school alarm, causing jungkook to startle and sit up straighter in his chair, eyes wide.

he had only heard the alarm go off once before but that was only just a drill run and all students had been informed beforehand that it would be happening and at what time although he doubted that was the case this time, the school hadn't informed them of another drill so why was the alarm suddenly going off? he jumped slightly as a loud crackle filled the air which was soon followed by a voice, "i ask that all students remain in their lecture rooms and those that are not currently in one are to find a safe place immediately." he recognised the voice, it was the voice of his headmaster although he had never heard the male so panicked before. "i repeat, all students are to follow these instructions until-" the male was cut off by a loud scream followed by a series of low pitched groans, the sounds sent a shiver down jungkook's spine.

"they are to follow these instructions until further notice!" the headmaster rushed out, although he was barely heard over the loud screams that seemed never ending as they spilled out from the speakers. the sounds abruptly cut off and the room was basked in silence, jungkook nervously glanced around at his fellow students as he stayed seated, unsure of what to do.