Chapter Five

Genos had heard it all. 

No one had been to see him since he had been placed inside his cell.  They knew he didn’t need food as regularly as a human as he had been required to give them detailed information during the registration process.  Although within the next eight hours they would have to give him something or his power levels would be insufficient to remain conscious.

Of course, he had been bored.  Keenly aware of how much he was missing Saitama, but also worried for him too.  And now it looked like those worries had come to pass.

Sitting alone for hours on end, he had concluded that they would obviously have to question Saitama, but he had been hopeful that, as he was innocent, the most they could do to Saitama was waste his time.

Then he had heard him outside the cells.  “Sensei?”

He had raced to the door and turned his hearing up as loud as he could.  He had to be sure!  The doors were soundproof, but for the normal human range.  Genos had wanted to shout and bang at the door, but before he even had a chance to speak he had heard a door slam and then Haro speak and at first thought that perhaps he had got it wrong and it wasn’t Saitama at all.

But then he heard him, and he listened.

When Haro had closed the hatch, Genos had wanted to scream in frustration.  He wanted to hear more from Saitama.  He hadn’t realised just how much he had missed just listening to him, yet now the detective was now accusing Saitama.  Genos could think of nothing more ridiculous! 

He had heard Haro laugh as he had walked away, but he had also heard Saitama swear in frustration.

Genos cursed softly under his breath.  It was one thing to lock him up, but to then turn on his Sensei!   Before he had even realised it, his blaster in his right hand had been activated and was pointing at the wall between them.

Taking a deep breath, Genos deactivated the blaster.  Just as Saitama had done, he glared at the camera before lying down on the cot next to the wall.  He closed his eyes.  He needed to stop being angry and confused and just think.

He quickly realised that Saitama was exactly where he wanted to be.  He had heard the frustrated attempts to open the door to Saitama’s cell from the inside.  That was his biggest clue.  Saitama’s strength wasn’t going to be beaten by a door.  Many had no idea of the true capabilities of his Master. 

It did disturb him that Saitama had been brought into this mess, but at this point there was nothing more that could be done about that.  For some reason, Doctor Kuseno had left Saitama a lot of money in his will.  Genos couldn’t think of a reason why, yet these were the two men he trusted most in this world.  Whatever Kuseno’s reasoning, Genos knew it was for the best. 

Sighing, he opened his eyes and wondered what Saitama was thinking about in the cell next door.  Smiling he closed his eyes again as he guessed what his Sensei might be doing.  Genos decided there was nothing he could do right now and activated his sleep program.

“Wake up!”

Genos opened his eyes to find Detective Haro standing over him, Flashy Flash standing just inside the entrance, and Pig God eating something just outside it.

Sitting up, Genos frowned.  “Have you finally decided to question me again?”  He checked his systems.  He had been asleep for almost three hours.  He was going to need to eat soon or he would be forced to shut down.