Chapter Six

The sirens went off the moment he broke through the floor above them, but it was ignored as they passed through several more before Saitama saw a window and stopped himself.  Genos had tucked his head under Saitama’s chin, and had escaped the worst of the rubble and debris.  Both were covered in dust and dirt.

“There’s our exit!”

 Saitama hardly waited before he jumped once again and with a crash of glass, they were outside.

“Incoming!”

Saitama was still wondering what Genos had meant by that, when he started using the blaster in one of his free hands.  He tried to let go of Saitama, but his Sensei held him tight.  “I have somewhere for us to go, but we can’t let them follow us!”

Genos heard and wrapped his legs around Saitama’s waist and suddenly he was using both of his blasters and Saitama could see what was heading towards them.

They were smaller than the drone that Bofoi had spoken to them through, but you could see their master’s hand in the design. 

They were firing.

“Damn!” Shouted Saitama.  The last thing they needed was Genos getting hit by weapon fire.  With Genos with him he couldn’t exactly help much.  They needed to land.

“On the ground we can both attack!”

Genos nodded.

It would normally have been a busy street, except it was barely dawn and no more.  A few people were about, but in this city, you knew when to get out of the way.  Usually it was monsters, though.  Plus, a couple of people recognised, ‘Demon Cyborg’ and were taking pictures on their phones.

“Idiots!”  Saitama crouched down behind a car, while Genos stood beside him.  The drones were on their way, both men looking at the small black dots manoeuvring in the sky and changing direction again.  “How many of them are there?”

Genos started blasting again.  “I had a count of 15 on my sensors.  We are down to 11!”

“Shoot as many as you can, but I’m going to punch a few!”  He threw Genos a harried smile.  “Then we need to head south without stopping.  You remember the first place we went together, right?”

The first place?  Genos nodded.  Yes.  The House of Evolution.  Not sure why they would head there, Genos just nodded again and continued firing. 

“Don’t get hurt!”  Saitama jumped and with one punch, hit one droid that collided with three more, destroying them all.  They fell to the ground in pieces as he landed next to them. He knelt beside them, some of the lights still flashing.  “I know you hide away somewhere, stealing tech blah blah blah.  But I’m warning you.  You touch a hair on Genos’ head, and I will tear this world apart to find you.”  His piece said, Saitama stood, seeing Genos take out the last two drones with a blast from each hand.   “Very sexy!  Let’s get the hell out of here!”

Nodding, Genos took to the sky, purposely heading in the wrong direction.  Saitama going in the opposite direction.  He didn’t like leaving Genos even for the short time it would take before they met up again, but anything they could do to misdirect anyone tempted to follow them could only help.