Chapter 2

Peter's POV

We all were walking along, trying to figure out a plan when we spot two men about to throw someone in the water. 

Susan drew her bow while both Ed and I drew our swords.

"Drop him!" Susan shouts over to the men. The two men throw the man into the water and try to grab their weapons. Susan shoots one of them while the other jumps out of the boat and swims away.

I dive into the water after the man and grab him, pulling him onto the shore. Ed pulls the boat in while Lucy grabs her dagger and cuts the dwarf's bonds.

"'Drop him?!' That's the best you could come up with?!" He shouts at us after removing his gag.

"A simple thank you would suffice." Susan tells him with a tone.

"They were doing just fine drowning me without your help." He spits back at her.

"Maybe we should have let them!" I shout at him. He was being completely ungrateful and it was getting on my nerves.

"Why were they trying to kill you anyway?" Lucy asks him.

"They're Telmarines. That's what they do." He says.

"Telmarines? In Narnia?" Ed inquires, confusion present in his voice.

"Where have you been for the last hundred years?" He mocks us.

"It's a bit of a long story..." Lucy trails off.

The dwarfs eyes scan us and realization dawns on him. 

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me. You're it? You're the Kings and Queens of Old? Well, most of them." Trumpkin asks, noting that one of the High Queens was missing.

"High King Peter... The Magnificent." I state, holding out my hand to shake.

He looks at me and his face contorts to something I can't read. But it isn't good.

"You probably could have left that out that last bit." Susan says. 

The dwarf responds chuckling, "Probably."

"You might be surprised." I challenge, drawing my sword.

"Oh, you don't want to do that, boy." The dwarf warned.

"Not me, him." I say, looking to Ed after. I offer the small man my sword and he took it, dropping it a second after.

Ed took position and allowed his opponent to swing first, the small man strikes first, knocking Ed's sword to the side and then swings at him. Ed ducks to avoid his sword but then gets an elbow to the face. Ed backs off to regain his ground. They both circle around and continue fighting. The dwarf slashes at Ed's feet, but he jumps with both feet off the ground so that the sword goes under him. A few seconds later, Ed spins the Dwarf's sword so that it flies out of his grip. The small man stares, and falls down in the sand.

"Beards and bedsteads! Maybe that horn worked after all." He said in awe.

"What horn?" Susan asks, wondering if it was her horn that was missing from her chest. 

-----

They were all in the boat they took from the Telmarine soldiers, I was rowing while the others were sitting in silence. I learned that the dwarfs name was Trumpkin, he talked about a man named Caspian and how he blew Susan's horn.

However, all of our attentions were caught when the trees started to suddenly shake and the wind blew hard. 

Trumpkin stared up in awe.