Chapter 3

Annie's POV

Glenstorm had asked me about the day we all left and why we did, not to mention how we were back to our young selves. I told him that it wasn't our choice and how when we returned, no time had passed in out world so we returned to the age we left as. He lead me back to a small camp. Caspian had taken a group of about 10 Narnians to go and steal some weapons from the Telmarine Army. I, however, decided to learn about what I had missed while I was gone. 

I learned about the Prince's uncle, Lord Miraz, and how he has taken over as King, undeservingly. I learned that they have been hunting Narnians since the attack and are trying to make them extinct. They've been in hiding since, under the command of my son, who has been leading them since he was a teen. Apparently, he's my age now which is a bit weird for me. He has been slowly aging ever since we left, an apparent gift from Aslan. He's become a skilled swordsman and leader while he's been here which made me proud.

I thought more about my son and what has happened here in Narnia and I ended up thinking too hard. 

Would Will even want to see me? I was never there for him, did he know that it wasn't our fault that we left... would he even be relieved that we were okay?...

I quickly cleared my head of those thoughts. I knew I wasn't going to sleep if I kept thinking those thoughts... I pulled out his baby blanket from my bag and brought it to my chest. 

I turned a laid on my back, looking up at the stars, fumbling with my locket. I knew that my family was looking up at the same stars, I could feel the trees sense them and I could feel it in my heart. I couldn't wait to see them again...

-----

Lucy's POV

I was looking up at the night sky at the stars, I missed them a lot. I couldn't help but wonder where Annie was, was she okay?

"Lucy, you awake?" Susan asks from beside me. I nod my head and turn my body to face her. "Why do you think I couldn't see Aslan?" She asked.

I sat up, surprised that she believed that I saw him earlier, across the gorge. 

"You believe me?" I asked her.

"Well, we got across the gorge." She admits, but seemed upset.

"...I don't know why I was the only one... Maybe it's because you didn't really want to or you just weren't looking hard enough." I offer.

Little did I know that Trumpkin, our new companion, was listening in to our conversation. 

"You always knew we'd be coming back here, didn't you?" Susan asked me. 

"I hoped so." I admitted, I missed this place more than anything, I missed Aslan and I missed Annie. 

"I just got used to the idea of living in England." She groans. 

"But you're happy to be here, aren't you?" I inquired, confused on why she would be sad that we're here.

"While it lasts." She says making me frown.

We both closed our eyes after that and went to sleep. 

----- 

I woke up abruptly to the loud sound of a growl. I looked around to see if any of the others heard it but it seemed they didn't. I got up and walked towards the noise. I pushed some branches out of the way and continued to make my way through the forest, following the proud growl. 

I was making my way through some more trees when a Dryad went by me, offering me a smile and a wave. Maybe Annie sent her to look for us? The Dryad pointed to a clearing with a bunch of trees and then left. I went to the clearing and then all of a sudden the trees moved around, making a way for me and showing me a path to follow. Once again I thought if this was Annie doing all this.