Chapter 6

Annie's POV

"It's only a matter of time. Miraz' men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle." Peter states.

"What do you propose we do, Sire?" Reepicheep asks him.

"We--" "Our--"

Both Caspian and Peter started to talk at the same time. Peter gave a warning look to Caspian which made him concede and let Peter speak.

"Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us." Peter says.

I could hear people murmur beside me, and I looked to Peter in shock. Will and I look to each other a second later, not knowing what to think.

"That's crazy! No one has ever taken that castle!" Caspian protested.

"There's always a first time!" Peter shot back.

"We'll have the element of surprise." Trumpkin said, backing up Peter.

"But we have the advantage here!" Caspian said, pleading for Peter to reconsider.

"If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely." Susan said, backing up Caspian.

"I, for one, feel safer underground." Trufflehunter added.

Peter turned to Caspian, "Look, I appreciate what you've done here, my son too, but this isn't a fortress, it's a tomb." Peter said. I agreed with him in that regard.

"Yeah, and if the Telmarines are smart, they'll just starve us out." Edmund says backing up Peter.

"We could collect nuts!" Pattertwig, a squirrel, said.

"Oh yes, and throw them at the Telmarines! Shut up!" Reepicheep mocks before turning to me and Peter. "I think you know where I stand on this, Your Majesties."

Peter turned to Glenstorm. "If I can get your troops in, can you handle the guards?"

"Or die trying, my liege." Glenstorm affirmed.

"That's what I'm worried about." Lucy spoke up, sitting on the Stone Table.

"Sorry?" Peter questioned, looking to his sister.

"Well, you're all acting like there are only two options: dying here, or dying there." Lucy said.

I looked down ashamed, she was right, we were being so pessimistic about this, focusing so much on death.

"I'm not sure you've been listening, Lu." Peter tried to say but she had other ideas.

"No, you're not listening! Or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch, Peter?" Lucy shot at him.

Everyone's eyes fell onto me and the room went silent.

"Peter's right in that this is a tomb, it will collapse easily and then we'll be trapped." I say.

"This is a more than just a tomb, it's a holy sanctuary, the place of the Stone Table." Will say, adding to my point.

"It's a slab of broken stone, who cares if it gets destroyed!" A voice says from the side of the room. My attitude snapped at that statement.

"Who said that?!" I demanded, stepping forward from the side of the room.

I could see people looking to one general direction, I followed their gaze and found a dwarf whom I know as Nikabrik. Fire filled my eyes, catching everyone's attention. The only times my eyes had filled with fire was when I found out that Ed went with the Witch, when the Witch questioned mine and Aslan's promises, and when I was killing the Witch.