Chapter 10

Annie's POV

The professor and I had gathered everyone outside. I was heading back in when Caspian stopped me.

"Annie, hold on. I need your opinion on something." He said.

"What's up?" I responded.

"I know Miraz, he's going to work around this as much as he can... I don't think him or the army is going to keep their word." He admitted.

"Neither do I, got any ideas?" I asked him.

"I do..." He admitted.

We talked about the pillars in the How's tunnels that held up the ground. If things went south, that was out back-up plan - we'd take them out from the bottom.

"I'd better go check up on the boys, see how they're doing." I told him and he nodded.

I rounded a few corners and finally found a dressed Ed helping Peter get into his armor.

"You two okay in here?" I asked them.

"Yeah, Annie, would you take over for me? I wanna talk to Caspian about a few things?" Ed asks me.

"Sure, make sure to ask him about the back-up plan - me and Caspian just planned it, he'll fill you in on it." I said.

Ed left the room and I helped Peter with the rest of his armor. I told him about Caspian and mine's plan with the pillar in case something goes south.

"That should work... but um, there's no way of talking you out of fighting is there?" Peter asked me.

"Nope." I smiled at him. "But I promise that I'll try to be safe." I reassured him.

"Annie, I... you know this fight is to the death, right?" He asked me and I nodded sadly.

"Yes, I do. But I have no doubts that you'll come back to me." I said.

"But, just in case..." Peter started but I stopped him.

"We're not doing this again, Pete. Everything's going to be okay." I said.

"I love you." He whispered, pulling our foreheads together.

"And I love you. We're going to win this war. Free Narnia. And get our boy back." I said.

"Guys, it's time." Ed said, coming into the room.

"Okay, we'll be there shortly." Peter said.

Ed left the room once more and Peter turned back to me.

He brought me towards him again and pulled my head gently forwards, pressing our lips together.

I kissed him with all the love I could muster in that moment. He needed to know that I was right by his side, cheering him on.

We walked out of the room hand-in-hand, we joined Ed at the entrance of the How before walking out.

-----

Third POV

Annie, Peter, and Ed walked out of the How. The Narnian's cheered around them giving them the push they needed to keep walking.

On the other side of the field, the Telmarines were cheering too. But all of the cheering seemed to fade out as the three of the them approached the duel area.

Miraz leaned over to General Glozelle. "If it should appear to be going poorly..." Miraz started, then nodded to the crossbow he was holding.

"Understood, Your Majesty." Glozelle confirmed.

"Also, when we take over. I want that sword the lady holds. It's mine." He said to each of the Lords beside him and they all nodded.

Miraz stood up and, as rules permit, allowed King Peter to present first. Peter drew the sword from his scabbard that Edmund was holding and then held it up towards the Narnians. They all cheered at him, but they cheered even more when he pulled Annie in for one last kiss.