Chapter 7

Annie's POV

It was the night of the raid and I was terrified, I knew that this was going to be a hard mission.

We all waited and eventually Edmund gave the signal that the tower guards were taken out. We all flew in with our griffins and took out the wall guards.

I looked over to see one of the guards aiming his crossbow at Edmund. I quickly got Susan's attention. She shot the guard and then nodded to Ed, who nodded back in thanks.

We quickly got the rope out and started to execute the first part of the plan: getting Caspian's Professor. Caspian went down the rope first and knocked on the window. When he didn't get an answer, he popped the window open with his dagger. Susan followed second and Caspian helped her into the room. Peter went after her and I followed him, and like Caspian, he helped me into the room.

We looked around and saw that his professor was nowhere in sight. We all looked to Caspian for our next move but all we saw was him holding a pair of reading glasses. His face looked worried and somewhat angry.

"We have to find him." Caspian stated, determined to get his friend back.

"You don't have time. You have to get to the gatehouse!" Peter warned him, Will agreeing.

"You wouldn't even be here without him. And neither would I." Caspian reasoned.

We all exchanged glances.

"Peter and I can handle Miraz." Susan said.

"Don't leave me out. I wanna piece of him too after what he did to our home." I jump in.

"Okay, Will and I can can still make it to the gatehouse in time." Caspian reassured us.

"Okay, be safe guys. Love you." Will wishes us before running off with Caspian to find the professor.

"Did he just..." I trailed off, caught off guard by my son's words.

"He's definitely our son." Peter teases, remembering how him and I used to tell each other that we loved each other before heading into battle.

"Come on, let's get to Miraz." Susan states, pulling my head back into the mission.

-----

We finally got to the top floor where Miraz was staying, it took longer than expected because none of us knew our way around. We got to his door only to hear voices conversing inside.

"Put the sword down, Caspian. I don't want to do this." A female voice warned from inside the room.

We all locked eyes and immediately and knew that something had gone wrong. We burst through the door within seconds.

"We don't want to either!" Susan threatens, drawing her bow and notching it, pointing it at the women who was holding a crossbow towards Caspian.

"This used to be a private room." Miraz mocked.

It was only then that I got a good look at him. I could see that he was not a good man, there was no compassion in his eyes or light. I could see Caspian with his sword up to Miraz's neck. I didn't see Will so I could only assume that he was at the gatehouse.

"Caspian, what are you doing? You're supposed to be at the gatehouse with Will!" Peter scolded him. Caspian didn't bother to look at him.

"No! Tonight, for once, I want the truth! Did you kill my father?!" Caspian asked Miraz, pushing his sword ever-so farther.

"Now we get to it." Miraz smirks.

I could see Miraz's pupils dilate. He was enjoying seeing Caspian in pain! I gripped my sword harder and unsheathed it, it's flame igniting and lighting up the room. It was times like this where I had to be aware of my own anger.