Part 2; The Family Dinner

Bean and I headed back to the main castle- so to speak- it's more of a temple, but whatever. We walked up the stairs clumsily, we were still pretty drunk. I walked in first and put on my act.

"Tiabeanie is back, safe, but drunk," I exclaimed, "We.. found the bar."
Dagmar rolled her eyes, "Ugh.. darling it's time for a family dinner so why don't we head over to the dining hall okay?" She said to Bean.

I shuffled past them, rushing to the kitchen. "gotta make the drinks.. gotta make the drinks." I said to myself. I added in the supplements Becky and Cloyd requested- well- more like demand me to add into the wine. I distributed the wine and food as everyone got ready to eat. I had no choice... I had to drug Bean. I would be dead if I didn't. hopefully, it doesn't hurt her. "I'm so sorry Bean," I said to myself as I watched her sit down. I stood in the corner as ordered, while Cloyd looked at me and smiled, knowing that I did what he asked. he knew I wouldn't NOT do it. I had no choice.

"Today we are having our celebratory family dinner for Bean!" Aunt Becky exclaimed.
"Welcome to the family!" Uncle Cloyd said. "Drink up."
I stood in the corner still, grasping the napkin placed around my arm as Bean started gulping the drink down. I tried to control my nervous breathing.

as everyone was eating and discreetly discussing the ritual, calling it a welcoming 'party', bean looked like she was going to be sick.
"I feel oozy woozy.." she said queasily, "May I be excused?"
"Why... of course." Cloyd hesitantly said.
Bean stumbled out of the room, and headed toward the stairs. I let out a sigh. I won't die today.. yes.
"Good work Lina," Cloyd said happily, "Now.. go check up on that drunken girl. We don't want her dead for the 'party'." He chuckled. I grunted, nodded, and ran out of the room in the direction she left.

I saw Bean heading to the room with a skull on it. "yes!" I said to myself. "I think.. that's the room with all the secrets."
She did a double-take to see if anyone was following her. She saw me and I ran towards her.
"that's the room. everything you'll need is probably in there... I mean, look at it. it's creepy looking." I whispered to her.

Bean opened the door and held it open for me to step through with her. As we walked down the long hallway, we saw the most shocking sight against the back wall. it was.. bean in a crown, and a white dress. she was holding a sword and two fingers were raised on the opposite hand. there were arms on the table, with blood trickling down onto bean's boots from them. she looked up from the blood.
"Woah!" she yelled.
"yeah.. that's culty." I exclaimed and crossed my arms.
We looked at each other in shock, terrified at the sight in front of us. just as we were about to grab everything to confront dagmar, bean fainted. "the drugs.. crap!" I mumbled. I ran to go get dagmar and act scared.. okay I was scared.

"Mom! bean found the shrine or whatever the hell that is in that skull room and she fainted from.. the drugged.. drink!" I said out of breath, hand on my knee.
"oh for god's sake.. we need to move that thing! she wasn't supposed to see that." dagmar said. "let's take bean and head over to the library. act as if nothing happened. lina... I don't want to hear a word from you." I nodded and went to go get Bean. I hope she doesn't get convinced by dagmar's bullshit when she wakes up.

bean woke up on the floor of the library, and everyone was looking over her. I bent over everyone to get a look at her and uncle Cloyd shoved me to the ground. the thud of my back against the rug made bean jump up, with her heart racing a million beats per minute.
"Mom! oh my god, I saw a shrine, to me!! and- and hands! real... hands! With blood dripping from them! Everything going on here is weird.. you guys are not safe. No wonder dad always said Cloyd and Becky were no good!" Bean yelled. Dagmar pretended to act surprised as she turned Bean around and hugged her. "Oh darling.. what are you talking about? The only thing in that room is the picture of your great-grandmother, Mariabeanie, that we keep up to honor her. Are you feeling okay? maybe you need to rest for a while, I think you hit your head or something." Dagmar said. She knew the truth and completely denied it.
"I.. I know what I saw." Bean said with a spark of determination in her eyes. she looked at me and I looked at the floor. I can't be killed. not today. I gotta get her out of here.
"How about we get you to bed?" Uncle Cloyd said.