Part 7; Lord of Darkness and Princesses

"ow! ow! jeez, can ya be a little less rough?" i yelled at the small demons dragging me by the legs.
"shaddup!" one yelled back.
i couldn't tell where bean was, they seemed to have dragged her way faster than me. well, she got a head start anyways, i was far behind her to begin with. as i was being dragged back to the moving platforms, the demons halted to a stop and dropped my legs. i sighed with relief and rubbed my aching head from being hit on the stairs earlier, then i checked my wounded hand. still bad.
"stop right there princess!" asmodium yelled as i got up.
"why am i still here.. where's bean? luci.. where were they taking me to?" i stammered.
"i- i dont know why they stopped! asmodium, why aren't we continuing?" luci questioned as he snapped.
"she's a different one.. i can sense something in her that isn't in other humans. a passionate fire. a strength of some sorts. hm.. i feel she'd look better ruling by my side. she deserves much much more than a dungeon cell! luci.. how DARE you treat her with such disrespect!" asmodium said in an angered tone.
my jaw dropped.
"nono this cant be right sir, i mean- you could have any demon you want, and you chose a... a HUMAN GIRL to become the empress?!" luci questioned.
"luci.. don't question my actions! now.. what's your name girly?"
"a- avelina... sir.." i said nervously. there's no way in hell i'm being complimented by the lord of darkness himself. am i in a dream? nono.. a nightmare?
"please, call me asmodium." he smiled.
i wanted to punch him in his demon face, this is so degrading. i guess i have no choice though.
i smiled at him as he held his hand out for me to step onto.
"lina.. what are you doing? you really wanna go out with this? he- he's.. well.. look at him!" luci exclaimed.
luci looked furious.
"luci, you see, asmodium actually recognizes me as a person and sees that I am more than just a human girl. after all..  you said that we had no connection when we first met. REMEMBER?" i winked at him, hoping he'd see i'm just trying to play along.
luci sighed. "whatever. have a nice life.. chump."
either he's genuinely pissed, or he got the memo and is playing along. i'm scared to see what happens regardless.
"lets go asmodium," i declared. luci better save bean and elfo.. and me.. or he's gonna have to face me and my fists. i shivered at the thought of being with that demon for the rest of my days. lord help me.
luci looked down at the floor and kicked rocks as asmodium flew away with me in his hand.

"so, how did you even meet that puny little demon?" asmodium questioned me as we arrived at a huge cave hovering over a river of lava flowing from a giant lava-fall coming from a hole in the sky.
"who luci?" i chuckled, "oh he's my sister's personal demon- that girl who said she was juanita demonheimer. i just met them and he helped me get down here to begin with. im actually the reason he's even here- he was stuck in a jar until i found him."
asmodium laughed at that, "how embarrassing! well, if i might add, i think he really cares about you. us demons can be ruthless. real tough guys on the outside, but luci is one of the ones who can get soft when you get to know him. he definitely didn't mean what he said earlier, but, who cares anyways! i mean, he doesn't have a shot with you now, we'll be together for all eternity! an inseparable duo! my new queen.."
"oh.. really? he does? i- pfft- that's embarrassing am i right?" i chuckled awkwardly, wondering why i even cared about either of these douche's opinions on me.
"indeed.." he laughed.

we talked for at least an hour. it's nice to have someone who genuinely cared about what i had to say.. but i don't see him how he sees me. this is the ruler of HELL we're talking about.
"you're really.. cool asmodium." i struggled to come up with a compliment that wasn't something that he'd get a kick out of and something i would so regret. i'd rather die than feed into this guy's ego.
"why thank you, you're 'really cool' as well."
an idea struck me as i fake laughed for the millionth time.
"hey, asmodium, you're 'understanding' right? i was wondering.. is it okay if i... go visit my sister? just like.. say hey? check up on her ya know?" i trembled.
he scratched his beard as he thought of an answer.
"i don't see why not.." he started, "sub demons! take her to the white haired girls chamber.. the one with the elf." asmodium demanded.
i gasped. elfo!
two little demons that looked like luci before he got his wings took me by the hands and showed me the way. everyone is so much nice when you are the lord of hell's right hand woman. is this how it feels to be a queen?