Part 3; Exposing It All

As I made my way out of 'the basement' I looked back at Luci, wondering why he seemed so familiar. "Luci.. Luci.. Luci" I said in my head.
"Avelina, you aren't supposed to be down there," Aunt Becky said, "set foot down there again and I'll have to punish you girl!" She sighed and closed the door as we made our way back to the main hallway. I decided to head over to mom's old room to see if I could do any snooping. I also wanted to see if Bean was alright. She was about to confront mom and expose the whole truth, which is extremely risky. I know they can't hurt her though, they need her.

I picked the lock on the door again and left it cracked open so I could listen in. I stood quietly until I suddenly heard Bean speak.
"Mom! We need to leave right now! Cloyd and Becky are EVIL!" Bean started as she was walking to mom with all the evidence she needed. "They hid the painting of me.. t- they must have drugged me at dinner!" Oh no.. that was not them. that was.. me. I feel horrible.
"And I think they're planning to sacrifice me.. maybe both of us at the ceremony!!" Bean continued. I hope the part with mom is an act.. unless she still believes mom is good. Aw Bean, c'mon!!
Mom laughed hysterically.
"They're our family Bean!" She exclaimed.
"Remember you said everyone has their blindspots? You have to believe me!" Bean shouted.
"Tell me EXACTLY what you saw that makes you think these things!" Mom ordered as she glared at Bean. She was still trying to convince her, just give it up already.
"Okay listen, I found plans, a little map, and this!" Bean showed mom the stonification potion.
When did she take that?
Bean continued, "I bet this is the same stuff they used on Dreamland!"
MOM DID WHAT?!
Dreamland.. stonification potion... the whole city turned to ruins and I never even got to go back. I hope dad's okay! Bean told mom how she thinks Cloyd and Becky poisoned her.. Bean no don't believe that.
She sniffed the bottle, "Woah it smells like old people.." Bean exclaimed. "Here, have a sniff."
Mom looked at the bottle closely and snatched it from Bean.
"Oh please, Cloyd and Becky can't even mix a fruit cocktail let alone a formula as complex as this." She said with confidence as she closed the bottle tightly.
Bean's eyes lit up, I think she figured it out!
She got up immediately.
"Wait a minute.. oh my god! It was.. you! All of it.." Bean said in a sad tone.
"Good for you. You're not as naive as I thought!" Mom exclaimed.
What?! She's just going to give up like that. Oh.. the ceremony. She had no choice but to let Bean figure it out on her own..
Mlm threw a dress at Bean and headed for the door. Right before I ran away to go hide in the halls I head her say a few more words.
"No need for the games anymore, get your dress on. There are things beyond your understanding that you are destined for. The ceremony WILL take place. Be ready when I get back. remember. I'm all you have now."

I heard the slam of a door as mom walked away. she locked it too. I assumed bean was banging on the door. I heard nothing though, damn those soundproof walls! Shocked by what just happened, I waited for her to be out of sight and I headed over to the bedroom again. I grabbed the spare pin from my dress and quickly picked the door's lock once again. I ran in and hugged Bean.
"Oh my god Lina! You were right! She's gonna.. she's gonna.." Bean was hyperventilating.
I tried to calm her down.. stressed by the amount of time I have to do something about this. Mom will be back any moment.
"NO!" I yelled, "Bean, I'm gonna get you out of this. I have an idea."
We took a few breathers for a minute.. then I realized something. I finally realized who he was
"BEAN OH MY GOD!!" I yelled.
Bean jumped "Lina! don't scare me like that!" She punched my arm.
"Ow! Bean Bean. I just realized something oh my god." I started. "Luci! I saw. Luci last night. He.. he was in a jar? In the back of the basement. Yeah. I talked to him.. but he scared me.. so I screamed and Becky heard me. I was able to get his name so I could tell you because he was looking for you! The name sounded so familiar.. and I finally figured out who he is!" I said all that in one breath, so I was breathing very heavily after.. clenching Bean's shoulder.
"YOU SAW LUCI? OH MY GOD.. WE NEED TO GET HIM!!" Bean yelled with excitement.
"How am I gonna go without being seen in the fire oracle thing? They'll just track me down once they find out I'm not on time for the ceremony." Bean said worriedly.
"I know exactly how.. JERRY!! Can you come here for a sec?" I called for Jerry. I had an amazing idea.