Part 15; Devil Doesn't Bargain

as i looked over from bean to the crew of dresses, hair, and makeup, i smiled in awe at the dress that was handed to me.
"requested by bean, we hope you like it!" one of the woman smiled as she handed the dress to me. i ran to the mirror and put it on. i didn't even care that people were around. look all you want! i know this dress is gonna be awesome! i walked over to bean's mirror and my jaw dropped.
"aww lina! you look like a god damn goddess!" bean said as she grabbed my shoulders lovingly.
i smiled as i posed and spun in the dress. the dress was red, bold but i love it! it was laced all the way up the stomach, practically a corset. a crew member ran up and tightened it and backed away slowly. looking at myself afterwards, my confidence boosted entirely.
"damn! this is a nice dress!" i said as i looked at myself in the mirror, playing with the puffy short sleeves.
"now for hair, only if you want of course. i personally like to keep mine free, braids hurt my head bad." bean chuckled as she looked in the mirror at me.
"actually, i did have something in mind.." i said as a hair stylist walked over.

the stylist got to work, and a few minutes later, my hair was done. it was exactly how i've always wanted to do it! the front two pieces of my hair were braided back like a crown, and pinned lightly to the back of my head.
"this is- beautiful! thank you thank you!" i said as i hugged the stylist in excitement and then hugged bean.
"alright! lets get our party on!" bean cheered as we headed out of her room and to the dining hall.

the tables were set and people were heading in, i assumed that there would be a dinner before anything else happens, so bean and i decided to look for the area we have to sit in.
"ohh i can't wait! ursula, you're gonna have so much fun with everyone tonight!" zøg said to a blonde woman in a multicolored, and patterned, blue dress.
"i've never had a party like this before, this seems great! is there going to be a stream if i get thirsty or do you have a contraption for that as well.." ursula said as she scratched her back with her hand.
hmm.. i wonder where she's from with those kind of customs.
we sat down by zøg and ursula, and realized that lots of people still weren't here.
"hey, i'm gonna go look for elfo. i'll be right back." i said as i got up and headed for the halls.
"alright! i've got some things of my own to take care of, you go find the boys." she said as she went in the opposite direction, i wonder what she was looking for.
adjusting my dress, i went down the halls as i heard elfo come up behind me.
"kissyy! where are you? the room's getting crowded and i can't guarantee that turbish wont take my kids table seat.. oh lina! have you.. seen kissy.?" elfo said awkwardly, realizing i'm the last person who would know- or care- about where she is.
"i- uh- haven't. but i'll help you find her, bean told me to find you and luci so i can't come to dinner with one and not the other." i laughed softly and sighed. i really don't want to see luci right now..
elfo and i saw waiters brining plates into the kitchen past us, so we decided to follow them inside.
"looks like dinner started." i said with a groan.
the door was open, so we walked inside.
"great. now there's gonna be no more seats at the kids table. that's the only place where i can reach the table comfortably from my seat!!" elfo started as i looked down at him.
"kissy, i saved you a seat next to me!" he said as he looked up, which made me look up in confusion.
and there they were. kissy in luci in a large pot, talking like they've known each other for years. i stood there, thinking i didn't care, but knowing i did. all conversation elfo and them had made faded out of my head until the room went silent. my ears started to ring and i could feel electricity tingling at my palms and fingertips. that's the thing with the magic, it's controlled by emotions. and i don't get out of control with emotions often, but something just ticked inside of me this time and just.. set me off. my breathing got choked as i saw luci look at me, and then say something to kissy as he jumped down and held her hand.
i grasped my hands closed before they got any worse, and i walked out of the room.
"i'm sorry elfo, j- just- meet me at the dining room." i continued to walk out until i reached the balcony that looked out to the sea.