Chapter 5

(Y/n)'s POV:

A short recap, a dryad named Treyni came in and asked Rimuru-sama to defeat the orc lord.

She then landed from the table to the floor, right infront of Rimuru-sama. "Defeat the orc lord? Are you asking me? And you said that you had two purpose here, right?" Rimuru-sama asked. "Yes, that's right." She said with a smile. "That's quite a selfish from someone who just apeared out of nowhere, Treyni the dryad." Ni-san said, clearly not happy with her presence. 'But family or not, no one speak to the one who saved my village from hunger that way!' I thought, as I ran up in front of Treyni-sama and growled at them. "Uh, huh? Sis? What are you doing?" Ni-san asked, confused. "No one talks to Treyni-sama like that!" I growled. "There, there my little sweet fox. No need to growl at your family." She said, as she pated my head softly and gave me a soft smile. "Sorry." I muttered, averting my gaze out of guilt. "You know her?" Rimuru-sama asked, a bit shocked. "Yes, she was the girl who gave me the crystal flower years ago." Treyni-sama softly said. Everyone is still confused by her statement. "Treyni-sama is the same dryad who saved my village from hunger long ago. My village was never known for our field work, so we always trade with people who buys our crystals. But those were still not enough. Then Treyni-sama came and gave us stocks of food every year, enough for us to go through the whole year through. In return, we worked harder than ever, working the day through to get our order of crystals done." I explained, but yet to look at them straight in the eyes. "But still, why have you came here? There are races stronger than goblins." Ni-san said, still not trusting Treyni-sama. "Yes, that's true. If the ogres' homeland had been at full strength, perhaps I would have gone there." Treyni-sama answered. Her answer shocked the rest of the remaining ogres, but just gave me more reasons to duck my head down, as I try to not think what happened to both of my home I used to happily live in. "Though, even if I have done that, I still could not have ignored this individual's existence. Were our settlement to be attacked by the demon lord, the dryads could not hope to fight them alone. This is why I have come to request assistance from someone strong." After her words, Rimuru-sama thought of it for a moment. "The idea that the orc lord even existed was still just a theory to us..." Rimuru-sama said, telling Treyni-sama the things we talked about during the meeting. "The dryads have knowledge of essentially everything that happens in this forest. The orc lord does exist." Treyni-sama said, confirming our suspicion, as she ate one of the chips on the table. Everyone is at shock at what Treyni-sama had said, seemingly not believing it. "If a dryad acknowledges it..."
"Then it must be true." Kaijin said, continuing Rigurd's sentence. Everyone is still in shock, as Rimuru-sama is lost in thoughts.

Just then Rimuru-sama looked up over to Treyni-sama. "Give me some time to answer. I will back up the kijin, but I don't want to go poking on a hornet's nest for no reason. Let me stock the information we have before I answer. Despite how I look, I am the leader here, after all." Rimuru-sama answered. Treyni-sama smiled at his answer, seemingly that the answer is what she wanted to hear. "By the way, Teyni-san, what was your second purpose here?" Rimuru-sama asked the dryad. "Ahh, I want to thank all of you for taking care of the sweet little fox for me." Treyni-sama replied. I smiled a bit. 

Soon, everyone is seated once again, both Kaijin and Rigurd are uncomfortable siting beside a dryad. "Let's continue the conference." Rimuru-sama started.  "Anyone have any ideas what the orcs might be after?" Rimuru-sama asked everyone in the room. I remained in my seat, thinking about the situation as well. "One thing does come to mind" I heard Shuna said. Now all of the attention went to her. Rimuru-sama gave her permission to speak her mind. She then look at Souei. "Souei, did you investigate our village?" Shuna asked the blue-haired kijin. All he say was a 'yes' as confirmation. I now feel like I know where this is going. Shuna studied Souei's facial expression for a few moments before speaking again. "Judging by your reaction, you found none?" Shuna asked again. Then it clicked. Souei then replied again, confirming Shuna's assumption that it was right. "D-does that m-mean...?" I stuttered, not daring to say it because of how terrified I am. "Yes, not a single one belonging to either our brethren or the orcs." Souei said, confirming both of our assumptions. "N-no way..." I muttered. "Not one what?" Rimuru-sama asked us, confused on where this is going. "Corpse." Souei answered simply, while I felt like having an internal break down in days. Rimuru-sama was shocked by Souei's reply, as nii-san explained. "We didn't understand how they were getting the supplies to keep an army of 200,000 fed." I knew they all conversed this without me, and I know why. I really don't blame them, because they knew if they share this thought with me, I will have a mental breakdown.