True Love ✔️

Chapter 9:
EDITED"

I wake up the morning light has yet to reach past my curtains and I've realised that Rita hasn't arrived yet and it's almost 9 o'clock.

I shower change into a yellow dress and dry my hair. I walk down the corridors no ones in sight. I find Carlton's room and knock.

"Come in"

I enter "Where is everybody this morning?"

"Staff meeting, once a month you have to look after yourself"

"Oh" I say looking at him reading the paper "I don't suppose you like waffles?"

"Waffles?" He asks

"You know, it's a batter that's placed in a waffle maker-"

"Amy I know what Waffles are. But why are you asking me?"

I slowly back up. "Because I can make really good waffles my Mum taught me. I can make us some breakfast"

He stands up "Nobody makes better Waffles then me."

"Maybe we should have a good old fashioned cook off?"

"Alright then." He stands up "But I know who's going to win anyway."

We raced to the kitchen and Carlton got all the ingredients needed to make waffles.

We made them. I was bonding with the prince in the big palace industrial kitchen, making waffles. We soon had waffles for each other.

"Where's your honey?"

He passed me the honey as I drizzled it over the waffle. He took the honey from me and I laughed as he did the same. "One thing to add to the list of what we have in common"

1. Likes honey on their waffles.

We poured orange juice and we swapped waffles. I cut into the waffles and put some in my mouth. Yum.

"These are really good" I say "You actually win" I say.

He smiles eating my waffles "Your's aren't bad"

"Where did you learn to cook so good?"

"I learnt from the kitchen hands" he shrugged "There's not a lot to do in the palace when your twelve."

I cleaned up. "Let me do that" he said getting up and grabbing the scrubber out of my hands I jumped at the impact.

"Are you alright?" He asks his hand still holding mine.

"Uh" is all I could say, my pulse was jumping his hand was touching mine and it felt like an electric shock. I was numb except for the warmth his hand was giving  mine and he still hadn't let go.

He must have realised because he let go "My apologies"

"No, don't apologise I just uh-"

"My lady, a Marcus Lauder is here to see you?"

"Yes" I say jumping to her rescue "I'm coming"