Hens Night ✔️

Chapter 22:
Edited
Chloe texted me early this morning saying the hens night is all ready and my arrival is expected at 7pm sharp.

I didn't want a hens night, I really just wanted to do something with Chloe. But she begged for a distraction from Tyler so I let her do it.

Should've known they'd get back together.

Carlton has been very distant lately, I think yesterday when I pushed him on the friend's subject he got a bit annoyed.

"Hey" I said "Where have you been?"

"Out" he says walking to the fridge.

I turn back to the Tv when I hear him say. "Why are you giving your dad a second chance?"

I turned the Tv down and looked at him "Who told you?"

"Jacob did, he called me because he wanted to know how you are, and I had no idea what was going on"

"I didn't tell you because I didn't know what to say."

"How about 'Carlton I'm going to therapy with my dad'?"

"Maybe I should have said something, but Carlton I was afraid you wouldn't have let me go!"

"I wouldn't have let you go! Because he deserves to suffer he deserves to not have someone like you in his life, he deserves to rot in hell!"

"What if this was your Dad?" I pipe up standing up and crossing my arms looking at him from over the island bench. "What would you do?"

He looks at me. "I wouldn't let him back in."

"Not even when there was a time when your dad was so wonderful and kind and loving! Where he taught you some great life lessons?"

"I wouldn't excuse his behaviour"

"I'm not excusing it!" I yell loudly.

I never yell. But my anger is building up from people telling me what to do and how to handle the situations.

"I think about it everyday I have scars to prove it! But at the same time my dad is getting better and he's changing. It feels like my old dad is back. You can't sit here and tell me that you wouldn't see your Dad. You're not in this situation, I am! And I want to handle it my way, I know you want to protect me but you can't okay Carlton? You can't make me stop loving my Dad!"

He looks at me. "I'm not telling you to stop loving me! I'm telling you that he doesn't deserve you Amy!"

"Just let me figure it out myself!"

Carlton walked around the bench to me and he hugged me tightly. He rested his chin on my head and he played with my hair.

"I'm sorry" he whispered.

I clung onto him. "It's okay."

__________

Heading to Chloe's I arrive at her house that's covered with streamers and balloons.

Oh god!

"Chloe" I say "How many people are expected to come?"

"Well I invited all of our year level girls it will be good to catch up" she says hanging up a banner that screams. SOON TO BE MARRIED