| Chapter Eight | Lies and Tears

Song is I Miss You by Nathan Wagner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever."
- Carroll Bryant
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason left the stables, going towards the infirmary to just get the checkup done and over with to set Sky at ease. He slowed down to a stop when he saw Cassandra, seeing her going into her dorm. He bit on his bottom lip. He hated seeing her upset. 'Keep her at a distance...for her own safety...' he thought before he remembers what Cassandra said to him out in the field only an hour ago. 'I need to tell her...just so it can stop...' he thought before he went after her.

He went to her assigned room, going up the stairs and to her door at the end of the hall. Jason hesitated, not knowing whether or not if she would let him in. He knocks on the door, hearing shuffling on the other side, the door opening.

Cassandra was caught off guard seeing Jason. Jason's eyes soften seeing she is upset. "Can we talk?" he asked.

"I think enough has been said between us," she said closing the door but Jason grabs it, preventing it from closing.

"No, no...there hasn't. Please just...let me in and let me just say what I need and I promise to leave you alone," he said. Cassandra stared at him for a moment and opened the door, letting him into her room. She closed it behind him, turning around and facing him. Jason smiled a bit seeing open books and papers on the desk, the results of long study hours.

Cassandra smiled a bit seeing where he is looking. "I'm finding that I'm starting to turn into Seto. He never knew the definition of organization, especially when it comes to when he is researching. I usually clean up after him," she said before she loses her smile, looking back at him. "What do you need to talk about?"

Jason paused, losing his smile. "Why don't you hate me?" he asked.

"What?"

Jason turned to her, looking at her. "Why don't you hate me, Cassie? Why?" he asked her.

Cassandra stared at him for a moment and shook her head a bit at him. "Jason, I could never hate you--"

Jason stepped towards her. "Why?! Y-You should! After everything I've done, everything that has been said between us...How can you say that you would be on my side still? How?" he asked her.

She sighs. "Because I know that you are going through a lot right now. And you've helped me through times when I would lash out at you, something accidentally hurt you with my magic, and yet you never gave up on me. So I'm not giving up on you," she said honestly.

Jason stared at her, not knowing exactly what to say to her. He looked away, thinking to himself as she started talking again.

She got closer to him. "I meant what I said, Jason. I meant what I said about my real feelings for you and how they won't change. But I--" she stopped when she looked at Jason's hand, seeing an ashen gray pattern on it. She's seen it before, whenever she tries to touch Jason...it appears. She stares at it before a realization hits her. Her eyes went to his. "Take off your jacket."

Jason looked at her, confused. "What?"

"Take it off," she said. Jason slipped off his jacket and Cassandra saw his right arm covered in the Wither curse.