| Chapter Twelve | His Pain

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't give your past the power to define your future."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the stables, Mitch went to find Cassandra. His left forearm is burning still.

He spotted her leaving the infirmary, Mitch rushed over to her. "Cassie," he said catching her attention.

"Mitch? What's wrong you don't—"

Mitch grabbed her arm, pulling her behind him. "I-I need you, now," he stated not wanting her to finish her sentence. Mitch took her to his, Jerome's, Ian's, and Quentin's house. Not wanting to talk about this in public and luckily, no one was home. They went inside, Mitch taking the bracer off his arm and showing his arm to her.

Cassandra's eyes widen before she grabbed his arm. "Oh, my g-god, Mitch, what did you do? What is this?" She asked shocked.

"I-I don't know! It showed up thirty minutes ago and hasn't stopped hurting. And...And I think it has grown too," he said noticing the lines are in his inner elbow now. He winced when the pain pulsated again. "Cassandra, what's going on? I don't know—"

"Don't your hands and wrists hurt from time to time, randomly?" Cassandra asked inspecting Mitch's arm.

The archer nods. "Y-Yeah, you think it is related?"

Cassandra nods. "Could be, but this is beyond me. If Seto was here, he might know what this is," she said before looking at him. 'But looking at it, Seto might not even know what it is. This is strange, this could...' she thought before she spoke. "Mitch, is it possible that you have magic in your family tree?"

Mitch paused, thinking. "N-Not that I know of," he admitted.

Cassandra ran her hand over the lines, feeling that they aren't protruding meaning they are inside his arm. She turned his arm around, not seeing the lines on the outside of his forearm, just inner. "How about your hands—"

Mitch instantly pulled his arm out of her hands when she tried to remove his glove. "Hands are fine!" He exclaimed. Mitch gripped his forearm. "Cassandra, it's getting worse, what if—"

"I will look into this. I will try to find answers in Seto's library. There's bound to be something there. But then anything, I'm not fluent in dragon tongue just yet and that's what the important books in Seto's library are in. I'll bring the books to Ty and Rosani, see if they can translate," she said.

Mitch nods. "Do you have an idea?"

Cassandra shakes her head. "No, I do not. Some conditions that mages get look similar to that, but that is magic-induced. If you don't have magic in your family tree, I don't have an answer. You could have been exposed to something...I think you should tell Quentin. He could rule out or find conditions," she said to him. She hated seeing Mitch like this, after all, she's always saw Mitch as strong and determined. So to see him look so vulnerable and unsure of himself was...well, it was different.

Mitch gripped his arm, thinking. 'It hurts so badly, it feels like my arm is on fire constantly. This is definitely going to impact my archery skills, I highly doubt that I will be able to aim correctly with how much this hurts,' he thought to himself. "The pain started during the trial, but...it came and went...now it is just constant," he said.