| Chapter Ten | Captain Gizzy Gazza

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You never fail until you stop trying."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassandra rushed into the infirmary once she heard that Sky is badly injured. Initially, she was helping with the search of the intruder. But once she had overheard recruits saying how Jason and Sky were attacked, she ran to the infirmary.

She went immediately to them, seeing that Quentin, Ian, Mitch, Jerome, and Master Waglington are here. Quentin looked at her, seeing her franticness.

He gives her a small smile, putting his hand up towards her. "It's okay, Sky is going to be fine. He has a sprained wrist, second-degree burns on his chest, and a concussion. The burns should completely heal overnight because of the dragonmere ointment that Ty brought. His wrist and the concussion will take time," he said wanting to set her mind at ease. And while it did, only partially. Looking at Sky, she was worried. He had bandages wrapped around his chest and right wrist, the nurses cleaning dry blood carefully off the left side of his cheek and hair. He looked bad.

But she nodded, knowing that Quentin is taking good care of him. She looked at him. "Jason?" she questioned making them silent and she didn't like the silence. She took a step back. "I-Is he alive?"

Mitch nods but Ian interjected before the archer could respond.  "We are not sure, that is the hope. Jason is missing, Cassandra. No one knows where he is. And with the condition Sky is in...he might be hurt or is the attacker--"

Cassandra shakes her head. "No! No, no way. Jason would never attack Sky. Someone must have attacked them," she said.

Mitch stepped towards the wizardess. "Cassie...Sky was found with all his weapons on him, meaning he never drew them. And Jason's com-link was left in his room," he said.

Cassandra looked at Mitch. "T-That doesn't prove anything!" she said.

Mitch nods. "Yes, it does. It proves that whoever attacked Sky...He willingly didn't fight back meaning that he knows the attacker. We all know that Sky doesn't go down without a fight and with his injuries, he didn't put up a fight at all," he said.

Cassandra looked at Sky, staring at him for a moment. "W-What if he fought hand-to-hand?" she asked before looking at them. "Sky is good in close combat, we all know this--"

Quentin nods, crossing his arms. "Yes, but if that were true, there would be evidence of that on his knuckles. Sky was found at the bottom of the stairs unconscious and bleeding, we found his blood on the stairs as well...not only that...Sky was inflicted with the Wither Curse until Wag here purged the disease from his system. It's highly likely that Jason did attack him--"

"N-No...Jason wouldn't do that," Cassandra said starting to get upset. She looked at Sky. 'I-I knew I should have apologized for yelling at him! I knew it! I pushed him over the edge, this is all my fault!' she thought as her eyes watered.

Quentin's eyes soften, seeing her watery eyes. "This is only just a theory, Cassie. Until Sky wakes up and tells us himself what happened, it will stay like that. Until then...Ian...what do we do? You are third in command, Sky is hospitalized and Jason is missing..." he said looking at Ian.

Ian paused, thinking. He looked at Sky, trying to figure out the best course of action. He didn't want to worry people, after all, they are living in peaceful times. But there is no way that this attack can stay secret, after all...it's Sky. Whenever Adam gets attacked, no matter how hard they have tried to keep it from getting out, it always gets out. And with Jason missing, that will just add extra attention.