☽ 11 ☾

Heading back to Yoongi's and his mate's house, the alpha could feel something heavy in the pit of his stomach. He knew just too well that he had to eventually face the younger and talk to him about it but now that it was actually time, the Alpha didn't know how to address it at all.

But it was Jimin's good right to know more about himself, his body, and even his omega side that he had barely embraced yet. Yoongi concluded that it probably would be best to just get straight to the point. Pushing his right hand into his pockets, he fished out his keys to open the door in front of him. Letting out one last sigh, he stepped into the warm hallway, taking off his jacket and shoes, so he could go upstairs and meet his mate.

Glancing into their shared bedroom, he couldn't spot anyone. Concluding his boyfriend would most likely be studying, he went into their shared office. He was right. Jimin was concentrated on one of his books, glasses sitting on the bridge of his nose.

Yoongi approached his mate from behind and leaned over his sitting figure, placing his chin on his boyfriend's head and glancing down to see the pages of the book. Formula after formula was written down and he furrowed his eyebrows. "Chemistry?" He asked quietly, words as quiet as a whisper.

"No, Biology." Jimin sighed, closing the book. "Why does it look so much like chemistry though?" Yoongi asked, he was rather clueless as he had Physics for his final exams and not Biology.

"Don't ask me, ok?" The smaller male looked up, his mate looking down on him and their eyes meeting in the process. Jimin puckered his lips and Yoongi didn't hesitate to peck those. Straightening his back, the Alpha walked towards the couch on the other side of the room, sitting down on it and crossing his legs. The omega turned around in his chair and looked at his mate. Seeing Yoongi tap the seat next to him, the younger followed his lead and sat down next to him.

"You look so serious? Why did the Head Alpha call you?" Everyone could sense that something was bothering Yoongi and it awakened the curiosity of his boyfriend.

"You already know that I'm next in line to become head alpha, right?" Yoongi asked and waited until the addressed male slowly nodded. He couldn't really sense where this was going.

"I already mentioned to you that there will be a ritual I'll have to do in order to get accepted by the whole pack as the leader, right?" The Alpha once again waited for his mate to nod before continuing. "I might have forgotten to mention to you as well that you will also have to do the ritual." The younger's eyebrows furrowed, not expecting him to have to do it, too.

„My mate will automatically become the Luna of the pack, meaning you'll be the Luna." Jimin thought for a second before he remembered something. „But this pack doesn't have a Luna?" Yoongi looked away and out of the window, answering his curious mate. „We had one. She was a strong wolf but she died because of an illness a few years ago." A sad smile was plastered on Yoongi's lips. „I didn't know that." Jimin looked down at his fiddling fingers.

„You couldn't know." Yoongi leaned over him, pressing a peck against his hairline and gently stroking over the younger's hand with his own. Jimin looked up, his eyes meeting the older's gentle eyes. „But why are you telling me this? I mean, I don't mind doing a ritual."

"About this..." Yoongi inhaled deeply. "You'll have to shift. In front of the pack." Now Jimin seemed to understand why his mate was so stressed about the situation.

"You still can't feel your wolf, right?" The Alpha asked softly and his mate just shook his head. "Yeah, I guessed that. Normally, I would be able to sense your wolf and I should be able to feel your feelings and mind-link you as well."

They both sat in silence before Jimin decided to speak up. To Yoongi's surprise, his voice sounded weak and nothing more like a whisper. "Do you think I am even a wolf? A good wolf?"

Yoongi's eyes widened in surprise, rather confused by this almost silly question. "Of course you are! You are the best wolf that I know. Why would you think that?"

"It's just that I don't feel like one. I never felt like one. Don't you remember? I was kicked out just because my inner wolf wouldn't show, so how can I know that I'll ever be able to feel him and truly be a wolf myself?" At this point, the younger's shoulders were shaking, tears pouring down along his cheeks.

The Alpha didn't hesitate to embrace the younger, pressing their bodies close to each other and soothing the smaller male with calming words. After a few minutes the younger seemed to calm down but Yoongi kept his strong embrace, not letting go of his mate.

"I know your wolf is there. He is hiding but I don't know why. Maybe we will have to trigger your wolf and make him come out forcefully." Yoongi thought for a bit until he had a thought that he needed to share.

"When you were kidnapped, the guys injected you something and triggered your heat. My wolf recognised your wolf. Didn't your wolf react as well? I mean, your eyes were silver which meant your wolf presented." Jimin thought for a second before answering.

"That's right. It was like I could hear a second person talking inside of my body and this feeling didn't seem foreign at all. I also felt that you were my mate or that at least it felt like there was a bond pulling me to you."
The omega explained slowly, Yoongi listening intently.

"So you felt it once. This means it's there but we need to trigger it." Yoongi crossed his arms, leaning back in the seat and letting his gaze move around the room. His eyes landed on a framed picture of himself, Jimin, his best friend and Hoseok. "It's weird that our mating didn't trigger your wolf." He looked back at his made and a smile was plastered on his lips as he lifted his fingers to carefully brush against Jimin's mating mark. It was now just a scar, displaying the lines of Yoongi's teeth.

"Maybe... maybe we can trigger my wolf if I take heat inducers?" Jimin spoke up, silently enjoying his mates fingers on the mark. Yoongi's motion stilled and his gaze switched from soft to rather serious. "Out of question. We won't induce you anything. This could be very dangerous and painful for you, so I'm not risking it. In addition, heat inducers are illegal."

"But it worked once, so-" "No, I won't allow that." Yoongi stood up, his mate worriedly looking at him. "We will find a solution, don't worry about it too much, ok Jimin?" He turned around and his eyes softened immediately when meeting the younger's beautiful eyes.

"Ok, Yoonie." Jimin mumbled, a pout following his words. "Don't be upset, baby." Yoongi cooed as he leaned down to press a soft kiss on the pouty lips of his mate.
"I'm not upset." Jimin turned his head away from Yoongi, his arms crossing in the process.

"Yeah, right." The Alpha chuckled as he sat down on the coach to pull the younger into a hug. Yoongi would never admit it but he was extremely worried for Jimin. No one knew that this was going to be a challenge for not only them as persons but also their relationship.

———
A/n woah, it's been some time since I wrote such a long chapter.

I'm personally not happy with how this chapter turned out but it was important.

Now we getting to the interesting points of the story😙✌🏻

Anyway, any of you guys who are collectors? Let's follow each other on Insta 🥺💞
Don't be shy, just message me there and I'll follow back 🥰

Insta: jinniecorn

~1298 words