Reminder#12 Hardened Hearts

"So woe to those whose hearts are hardened at the remembrance of Allah! It is they who are clearly astray."
(Surah Zumer: Verse 22)

Just look at the condition of your heart. ALLAH ALMIGHTY is talking about our hearts in this verse. Your heart is the most important part of your body if you want to build your connection with your Lord. So how can we determine whether our hearts are soft or hard?
If you don't feel something inside yourself like fear or humility when the verses of Quran are recited, then it is a clear sign that your heart is hardened. The person with a soft heart feels humility and fear when the verses of Quran are recited. Allah Almighty is warning us here that if our hearts are hardened then we are clearly on a wrong path. So check yourself. The hardened heart is a clear warning! Ask Allah to make your heart soft. The heart of the person whose heart is hard is further hardened when the book of Allah is recited. If you read this complete verse, Allah Almighty has talked about the opening of hearts.
"What about the one whose heart God has opened in devotion to Him, so that he walks in light from his Lord?"
So the person whose heart has been opened walks in light from his Lord. It means that he feels light and humility in his heart. He really enjoys following the commandments of his Lord. Even though it is difficult for him and he might feel some laziness, but it is not difficult for him to walk on the straight path as it is difficult for the person whose heart is hardened and he walks in darkness.
Have you ever thought that how do these pious people pray 5 times a day? Don't they feel laziness? Don't they get bored? Ever wondered that how do these sisters cover themselves or these brothers keep a beard? Don't they feel any embarassment? Isn't it difficult for them? The answer is NO! Although they have to face some difficulty but not like us who think that our life will be ruined if we cover ourselves or keep a beard. So what's the difference between them and us? The difference is the opening of hearts. Their hearts have been opened. May Allah open our hearts and guide us.
Even if your heart is hardened, but still you have to obey your Lord. Just make a firm decision right now that you will obey your Lord. Just say "Allah! I am sorry ! I know I am a sinner. But you forgive and you love to forgive so forgive me. Open my heart so that I can walk in light and make me your obedient servant. I'll not forget You now!"
Just say this even if you don't feel anything or even if you feel hypocrisy. Just remember our Lord is so so kind and merciful and we can never imagine how much He loves us. Just start asking for guidance even if your heart does not want to get guidance like your inner self might say that what if if I really get guidance then I'll start covering myself or I'll keep a beard which will make me look weird. Just ask guidance from your tongue because your Lord will give you guidance and He will open your heart and the person whose heart is opened does not feel weirdness. Believe me! Your life will be amazing if Allah opens your heart. No one can imagine that what amazing life a person with an open heart is living. I am not saying that his life will be without problems but it will be amazing even with problems. Make a firm decision that you will obey your Lord and His Prophet(Peace be upon Him) even if you feel like you heart is hardened.
Obey your Lord, ask forgiveness, ask Allah to give you guidance and ask Allah to open your heart. May Allah soften our hearts and open our hearts.