Allah is your protector and helper

"It is God who is your protector: He is the best of helpers."
Surah Al-Imran: Verse 150

Our Lord in this verse is reminding us that I am your protector and it is Me who helps you in your matters. The word which is used for protector in this verse has 3 roots which are:
1. Waw
2. Lam
3. Ya
These root words give the following meanings: near, close, follow.
So Allah Almighty is telling us indeed it is He who is near you. He is close to you. So where are you going? Where are you going to take refuge? Just for a second, consider your situation. Aren't we tired of running after things? Haven't we got tired? Yes! We are! So just stop here! Ask forgiveness of your Lord. Obey Him. Ask Him to guide your heart. He is closer to us than our jugular vein. He is the closest and the nearest one! 
Okay now close your eyes and just feel His presence. Remember  the times when your Lord saved you from so many things, when He blessed you with something and just feel that right now it is only you and your Lord. Our extremely merciful Rabb who loves us and who has given us so many chances. So Allah is telling us that He is our protector and He is the best of helpers. So where are you seeking help from? If you are stuck in a situation where you find no one to help you and guide you and you don't know what to do then just ask your Lord and seek His help. He will surely help you. He will never leave you. He loves you more than anyone else. So come back to Him. No matter how many times you have sinned, He is ready to forgive.
May Allah open our hearts and make us His obedient servants.