Manner of Recitation

"Recite the Qur_an slowly and distinctly."
(Surah Muzammil: Verse 4)

This is a beautiful verse. It teaches us the manner of reciting Quran. Just imagine how important recitation is to Allah Almighty that He has actually taught us this in Quran. But look at ourselves. How do we do the recitation? We read it quickly without even taking a pause at the end of every verse. Just imagine you are standing in a classroom full of students and a teacher and you are told to do reading of a book. How would you do it? Would you just quickly read it or would you like to make it beautiful? Just give a thought.
So when next time you are reciting the Quran, recite them with love. You are actually reading the words of your merciful Lord. Take a pause at the end of every verse. Read slowly. If you don't have enough time, so just recite few pages but recite them with love. When any attribute of your Lord comes, recite it even with more love and respect and ponder over its meaning. In addition to this, I would say that Quran was not sent only for the recitation. It was sent to bring it into our lives. So understand its meaning. Best way of understanding its meaning is listening to YouTube lectures by Nouman Ali Khan or if you can't understand English, then you can listen to the lectures of Dr. Israr Ahmed. If you feel laziness, just start with a single ayah daily even with extreme laziness and then gradually start increasing it but don't miss any day. Ask Allah to become your teacher and Allah will SURELY SURELY make it easy for you.
May Allah make it easy for us and make one of those who understands, teaches, spreads and acts upon the book of Allah.