Chapter 9

[Isa's P.O.V.]

When Jade and I pushed away the branches of the trees and found the

creek of water, I was completely surprised. I've travelled and walked this park many times and never came across the stream of water like this. I smiled and put my feet in it like the omegas did, just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. The cold water seeped into my shoes and touched my feet, making me shiver a bit from the sudden cold, but I smiled and played in the water like I did when I was a pup. I then smirked and splashed a couple people, making a full blown splashing war. While everyone was having fun splashing each other, I decided to walk down the creek, just to see how far it goes. I walked for a while down the creek, until I stopped where the creek went through these large tunnels. I bent over to see if there was a light at the other end, but there wasn't, making me even more curious. 'Where does the water go? Where did it come from?' I asked myself, standing back up.

"There you are, I was wondering where you went," I heard a familiar

voice say. I turn around and smile, to be greeted by my fated partner.

"Hey beautiful, sorry I left you guys, I was just curious to see where the

water went," I responded, while taking the leap on calling her a cute nickname. I notice her blush a little bit before walking over to me. 'It worked,' I thought to myself happily.

"What'd you find?" She asked me, standing next to me.

"Just a large tunnel, I see no light shining on the other end, so it makes

me curious on where the water goes," I responded to her question. She looks up to me in worry as if she knows what I'm thinking.

"You're not planning on going in there and finding out, are you?" She

asked, giving me worried eyes. I ignore her cuteness and respond with a,

"Oh hell yeah". She shakes her head as if she were telling me not to

go. I look down at her and put my hands on her shoulders gently.

"Let's go together! We don't have school tomorrow, this could be our

date," I tell her, but she shakes her head, making me smirk.

"No, nope, we don't know what's in there, and I want to live and pass

my heat with you," she responds nervously. I keep the smirk on my face as I kiss her forehead.

"Don't worry, we'll take flashlights, snacks, and anything else to make

you feel comfortable. I'll even take the lead and protect you from anything and everything," I tell her, attempting to make her feel better.

"What do you say? Want to give it a go?" I ask her, looking at her with

confident and protective eyes.

"F-fine," She manages to say, grabbing a hold of my hand. I smile as I wrap my fingers around hers and caress her cheek with my other hand, giving her a kiss. She hums timidly in the kiss as it slowly relaxes her. I break away looking at her, leaning my forehead on hers, and releasing soothing pheromones for her to calm down to.

"I'll promise I'll protect you from anything tomorrow, and we will have

fun, just trust me a little bit. We probably won't find anything, but maybe we will and it will be fun to find out," I tell her as

she calmed down. She nods and continues to hold my hand.

"I promise you will live to see the next day, because I don't think I'll be