1 ~ Cafe

"Primrose!"

I turn round to see my brother running towards me. "Will!" I say mocking he tone. He smiled.

We walk into a local coffee shop that's near enough to the beach that we can see it. We met there every Friday at 1 pm to grab lunch and catch up.

I order a ham and cheese panini and Will orders an omelette. We start talking about what we are going to do over the summer. Wilburs planning on meeting up with his MCTY friends at Minecon and staying in America for a while. 

"Oh! That's great!" I say happily, but I wasn't happy. Even though Will didn't say how long, I know I was going to miss him a ton. We have gotten very close recently and it been really fun, I didn't want to lose him again.

We grew distant when he moved out of our mum's place and barely spoke. I was still in high school and he was in university. It wasn't until I started university -once he had finished- we got closer.

"Yeah, Minecon is the 7th to the 21st of July this year," Wilbur added. I frown.

"But I thought Minecons in like August or September?" I question. He nods.

"Yes but they pulled it forward since it was cancelled last year," he reassures me.

(a/n just image covid was all over by 2021 and this is summer of 2021 with NO covid ty)

"Anyways," my brother added before I could say anything, "What are you doing this summer then?" 

I sigh, "Nothing," I laugh at myself. I didn't have may friends. Its the reason why mine and Wills distance for years took a toll on me. He had been the only stable male figure in my life since my dad left when I was young and I don't have any uncles or anything like that so Will was all I had. His absence left me unable to get close to guys or trust them as I thought Will had left me just like my dad.

Will took a bite of his food, as did I, "Come with me!" he said eagerly, "Come to America"

I chuckle, "Yeah okay," I say very sarcastically.

He drops his fork and knife making a loud sound causing me to look up at him giving me a death stare, "Prim, I'm serious. I think you should come to minecon with me.  You can make some friends there."

I roll my eyes. But he wasn't wrong, I had only met one of his MCYT friends and that was Niki and we were very close. She was properly 1 of my 4 friends - including Will. The other two where two girls that did the same course as me at university and we also lived together.

"Whos going?" I ask as I look back at my food. 

"Phil,  Niki, Tommy, Tubbo, George," he said. 

I look up confused, "Just them?" I ask joyfully.

"Yeah we are all flying together, then when we get to America we'll be with Dream, Karl, Sapnap, Quackity, Schlatt and probably more."

I nervously laugh, "Yep that's a hard no!"

"Why? You have met Phil" Will adds.

"Briefly"

"Okay you have also met Niki, she'll be with you." Will proposes.

I let my head drop to my shoulder, "Yeah but what's going to happen when you guys are all doing like a meet and greet or whatever I'll just be by myself" I say almost whining. 

Wilbur shakes his head gently, "Untrue, Christin will be on the side as well, and both Tubbo and Tommy's dads. Oh, and Lani will be there." 

I squint my eyes, "Lani?"

"Tubbos little sister"

I nod to show that I understand. 

We sit in silence for a while and I think about his invitation, like how bad could it be. I go to the convention for a few days, get to go around America, hang out with Niki, see my brother, and meet his friends and it beats spending it alone in my flat. 

"Where is it held this year?" I ask. Will looks up at me with a smile from ear to ear.

"Orlando," he says. 

I look at him with a blank face, "Where?"

"Orange County Convention Center in Florida" Will confirmed. I raise my eyebrows.

We sit in silence for a bit as we finish off our food.

"But wait you said that you were planning on staying there a for a bit," I say cracking the silence.

Will looks up at me, "Yeah..." confused. 

We both stand up ready to leave, "Never mind," I say, "I'll go back home."

My brother and I walk out of the cafe we start walking to the beach, "Why?" he questions.

I look at him as we reach some railings, "Because, I don't know anyone there it would be weird if I was there for no reason."

"Niki" Will almost sings, I roll my eyes, "And I'll be there!"

"Yeah I know but-" I say before he interrupts me.

"Would you rather stay in Brighton with Mum all summer OR have fun with me in America and could make some new friends?"

I shrug. "What if they don't like me, I know I will properly never see them again but I don't want to embarrass you, Will," I say nervously looking down at my shoes. He lets out a loud laugh.

"When-," he says between laughs, "When have you ever embaresssesd me?"

I look back at him, "First time for everything Will" we're both now laughing.

Theres another short pause as we both stop laughing before Will questions me, "So..?"

"So?" I question him back.

"SO... are you going?"

I look around at the beach, contemplating, "Can you give me some time to think?".

In the corner of my eye I see my older brother nod, "One sec I need to make a phone call" he says as he walks away.

My eyes follow him as he pulls out his phone while walking down path, I stay put. I start thinking about how I hardly knows theses people. I repeat the names Will gave, "Phil, Niki, Tommy, Tubbo, George, Dream, Karl, Sapnap, Quackity, Schlatt and probably more." I haven't even heard of some of these people and Will wants me to spend the summer with them?!

This will also be the first time Will mets some of these people, and he's draging along his little sister. Thats embarrassing! 

I'm torn- Do i spend my summer with famous Minecraft Youtubers or all by my self?

Someone taps me on my shoulder, "Hey I just called Niki," Will says as I turn around, "She's willing to share a hotel with you, would that make you felt better?"

YES, but I dont let it show. I am close with Niki, were are the same age - nineteen, we both love Will and we have a lot in common. To be honest sharing with Niki sounds a lot of fun and its also not the first time we have done that as I spend a lot of time round Niki's since its calming. I get alot of uni work done there as my roommates, Kat and Ruby, can be a bit of a handful.

I open my mouth but no words come out, Will smiles. "Okay, I'll call Dream" he says before I can say no.

Once again Will walks away leaving me by myself. Wow. I actually going to Minecon. 

A minute goes by and Will's back, "All booked, Dreams now booking a double room for you and Niki. And also a minecon pass." 

"Wait what about a plane ticket?" I worry.

"Dreams sorting that out too, calm!" Will nuges me with his elbow as his signicantly taller and can't hit me with his shoulder, "I also gave him your phone number as he's going to send you the ticket".

Wait, a random guy has my phone number...