11 ~ Video Games

Clay turns around on the couch and notices that I'm by myself, he gets up and slowly makes his way over to me.

~~~~~~~~~

Clay sits down where Will sat, now blocking my view of the group. "Hey, you okay?" he asks gently.

I nod, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be," I say pretending the last 5 minutes didn't happen.

He smiles at me, "Ignore them, all of them. Nick and George were just messing around and Will is just being a big brother. I would react the same way, he'll forget in like ten minutes."

"Thanks, Clay," 

He places his hand on my thigh and squeezes it. 

"Remember what I said, I'm always here," I say with a sympathetic smile. 

 I smile back. 

We sat smiling at each other for a while. It was nice until Karl called us over as it was Clay's turn to play Mario Kart 8.

Clay vs Will.

Clay won. 

~~~~~~

A little while later me and Niki are at the dinner table  - where we were sat early - and Niki was eating her suppose to be breakfast but it was now lunch. 

It was nice catching up with Niki properly since from the beginning of the trip she had only been talking about Clay and me. However, occasionally she would look over at him and he would dart his head away as he was looking in our direction. 

I wish I knew how I felt. About... I dont even know anymore. I keep searching for an answer about how I feel, but I dont know what I'm feeling. 

"Prim" Karl yelled, "It's your turn"

I raise a single eyebrow in confusion. I didn't even know I was playing. 

I gingerly walk over there, I sit in the centre of the couch - in front of the TV - where everyone else had been sitting when playing.

Me vs Karl.

I lost. 

Suprise there, I kept saying it was because I had never played Mario on the switch but no one was buying it. Mainly, Niki, it may be because I played it once with her before. But no one needs to know that. 

Me and Karl both got up so the next players could sit there.

George vs Alex.

Since George was sitting next to Clay, and Alex next to Nick, it left me with seating two options.

I sat next to Clay.

Niki however who was on the other side of Nick - the other side of the room - smirked at me.

"George your so shit," Clay says as George gets the last place in the race. 

Clays remark made Nick turn his head over in our direction, he noticed we were sitting next to each other. He smirked also.

We continue playing for a while until one of the controllers died - Will wasn't too pleased as he was in 1st place and it died against me, meaning I won one game all day.

Still, all sat around the TV, we all were just talking. I wasn't saying much as I hardly knew any of them so I didn't know what they were saying. Some game called JackBox.

"Yeah, I'm thinking about doing a competition where the winner gets 10k" Alex goes on. 

I'm still sat on the middle couch facing the TV next to Will. We are both sitting really awkwardly with the rest of the group.