Prologue

🛑 CUSSING WARNING IN THE END AND GORE!! 🛑

Ryoto was a kind, thoughtful young boy who had his heart sent on making sure his family was happy and secured. He never wanted to disappoint them, and he never will. His parents were kind fellows who followed the path of their ancestors. Their ancestors were saved by Yoriichi Tsugikuni, the first breath user. They had decided to worship him as a god after he had saved them. They even adopted his last name after granted permission from the Demon Slayer. 
Ryoto was seen as a blessing to his parents. He looked exactly like the Sun Breather they have worshiped all these years. People of their village started to as well worship Ryoto as he was a god like they had worshiped Yoriichi. Ryoto didn't exactly hate it, but he hated the fact that he was taking someone else's place, namely Yoriichi's. He had never seen the man before, nor has he seen a picture of him before, so he was confused when the villagers sometimes called him "Yoriichi". 

The word must of gotten out that the reincarnation of Yoriichi was in his village. A swarm of demon ambushed the village in attempt to kill Ryoto. The villagers gave it their all to allow Ryoto to escape, thinking of it as a way to repay Yoriichi for saving them all those years back. Ryoto ran as fast as he could, crying as he did. He was barely a toddler, 5 years old at that. He ran into a man, and without looking at the man he screamed, "Get away from me demon!" In attempts to calm the little child down, the man leaned down and hugged the child. Ryoto, now seeing that the man wasn't a threat, hugged him tightly and cried in his shoulder. Ryoto fell asleep in the man's arms after running and crying for so long. The man decided to take the boy in to rest in his place. 
Ryoto woke up to find himself in an unknown room. He looked around to find the man next to him, reading a book calmly. Once the man realized Ryoto was awake, he went to the boy, checking his temperature. The man's hands were so gentle and warm, Ryoto found himself leaning into the man's touch. 
"You have a small fever child. Stay here, my wife is currently making soup for you."
Ryoto nodded, appreciating the man's hospitality. The man's wife came out, one thing Ryoto had noticed was that her belly was majorly swollen. 
"Ma'am," he said in a worried tone. The woman looked at the child with a confused look, "Your belly seems to be abnormally swollen. Are you okay?"
The married couple looked at the child, then laughed. 
"I'm fine sweetie," the woman said, "I have our child growing in my belly."
"There's a child in there?"
"Yep."
"Oh. I'm sorry."
"It's fine sweetie," she said as she bent down slightly to pinch his cheeks. Ryoto slightly smiled at the families gentleness with him. They didn't treat him as a god like his villagers did, they treated him as a normal human boy, when Ryoto appreciated greatly. 
A few minutes later, the man brought a bowl to him filled with soup. Ryoto ate it in pleasure, it was delicious. Once he ate it all, he sighed in happiness of having his stomach filled. 
"Are you feeling a little better?"
"Yes sir, thank you."
"May I ask you a question?"
"Sure."
"Why were you running? Where is your family?" the man said in a soft tone, thinking the negative possibilities to the question.
"A swarm of demons attacked my village, they did everything they could to help me escape. I kept on running in their honor of dying for me," Ryoto said, tears building up in his eyes as he answered the kind mans questions.
The man hugged him gently and said, "Why don't you stay with us?"
Ryoto looked surprised as he looked at the kind man, "Are you sure? Demons maybe after me."
"Then we'll just have to protect you. A small child like you doesn't deserve to wonder the dark world alone."
"..." Ryoto thought about it for a while before accepting his offer.
"I'm Tanjuro, and my wife's name is Kie."
"It's a pleasure to have you here," Tanjuro's wife said.
"I'm Ryoto, thank you for having me."
"Like my wife said, it's a pleasure."
"Tanjuro..?"
"Hai? (Yes?)"
"May I call you, Oto-san, and Kie Oka-san?"
Tanjuro smiled slightly before saying yes. Ryoto hugged his new parents, happy to have someone there for him.