Chapter 2

~Ryoto's POV~

"I am a trainer, I literally train swordsman. There are other trainers around the country who teaches varieties of techniques to their own students. If one ever wants to become a Demon Slayer, they must pass the Final Selection. Only I and the other trainers get to decide if their student or you two get to go to the Final Selection," said Urokodaki. 
After he explained that, we had our next day of training. Running down the hill once again. Tanjiro started to write a journal of his day or about Nezuko so she could know what was going on. She went into a deep slumber once we arrived. 
Once Tanjiro and I got through the training more swiftly, Urokodaki made the traps more deadlier, which worried me. I was afraid Tanjiro would actually die in the traps. 
The next month, we descended the mountain with swords in hand. Following days, we practiced sword swinging. I could do it easily, it was just like swinging a hatchet around, but more precise measurements. Tanjiro seemed to have a hard time doing so. Urokodaki threatened us if we even chipped the swords he lent us, he could snap our bones. 
Following day was a wrassling festival, where we charged at Urokodaki with full intent to kill. Urokodaki was empty handed so I was worried if I would harm in seriously. Tanjiro went first, only to get thrown. I went up next. I got into a stance and charged. Urokodaki, who hasn't moved from his spot when he threw Tanjiro, backed up. I jumped up, doing a frontflip to get behind him, and I swung my sword. He ducked just in time, i swung vertically as fast as he ducked. Dust covered the area. Dust cleared and my foot was on Urokodaki's chest, sword at the tip of his forehead. His hands were at my blade, he was struggling to remove the blade. 
"That's enough Ryoto, you've done well," he said, I eased up a little, removing the blade and getting my foot off his chest. Urokodaki stood up and looked at Tanjiro, "See that Tanjiro, train harder so you can catch up to your brother."
"Hai!" Tanjiro said.
We got off with a break, as we walked back, Tanjiro was endlessly complimenting me, without a hint of jealousy. I smiled slightly, rubbing his head. He smiled back as we made it to Urokodaki's house. 

The next day, we practiced breathing and the positions we needed to be in, when I say we, I mean only Tanjiro. Since I already know the Total Concentration Breathing technique. It's already been half a year since Nezuko last woke up. Urokodaki sent up a doctor to check up on her but they couldn't find anything wrong with her. Tanjiro and I are both deathly afraid that one day, we'll come back to find her dead. 
Our training became even more intense, we descended to the tip of the mountain, where there's way less oxygen. Even I was afraid I would die there. One day, Urokodaki said, "I have nothing more to teach you." It was only a year, I finished my training early, but I was there when he had said it to Tanjiro.
"Eh?" he said confused.
"From here on out, you will have to improve yourself through the basics like I taught you. If you are able to cut this boulder in half, I will allow you to go to the final selection," Urokodaki said before he left, leaving me and Tanjiro in front of the boulder. 
Tanjiro, knowing most of the Water Breathing forms, I know only 3. The Third Form: Flowing Dance, Fifth Form: Blessed Rain After Drought, and the Tenth Form: Constant Flux.
As Tanjiro was thinking while facing the boulder, I went out into the woods. I went to a nearby river, thinking of how to properly train my body so I could cut the boulder. 

"Child."
I turned around. I saw a man, who looked exactly like me, sitting on a rock nearby. 
"Your my reincarnation huh?" he said. His voice was so calm. 
"Your... Yoriichi Tsugikuni..?" I said slowly, still trying to process what was happening.
"Yes, and your Ryoto Tsugikuni."
"How is this possible? You died 300 years ago."
"That is true. But now I'm just a spirit, a spirit connected to yours."
"What are you doing here?"
"I've come to help you of course."
"Help me?"
"Yes, do you know why you only know 3 forms of Water Breathing?"
"No I don't."
"It's because your body, spirit, and soul is not made for Water Breathing, it's made for Sun Breathing, the breathing I had made."
"The first breathing technique..."
"Yes. I'm here to teach you the 13 forms of Sun Breathing."