03. OSPREYS AND TRAVEL

2nd November 2020:

Ospreys

AWJ:

On my way now, got Efa with me and the kids!

North:

Efa is coming? I've missed that kid!

AWJ added Efa to the chat

Efa:

Oi North, I'm not a kid anymore!

Anscombe:

No way! Efa welcome back!

Lydiate:

On my way too! Hopefully I'm let out today from medical to see you!

Tipuric:

What're you doing back Bells?

Efa:

Thanks G! I hope so too Dan! I've been released by Ealing until March.

Got some exciting news to tell you guys!

_______________________________________________________________________________

Parking in his usual spot, Alun grabbed the kids, whilst I grabbed our bags and the four of us head into training. As he'd got the kids with him, he'd already changed at home so we went straight out onto the pitch where the coaches and a few members of the team were preparing for the morning training session, cones, balls, tackle pads and bibs were scattered around the edge of the pitch. Everyone welcomed the kids with hugs, they all acted like uncles to each others children which was always adorable, the kids just got so used to seeing everyone all the time and I always felt awful when a family had to move due to contracts ending or players on loans.

"Morning Alun and Isabella!" George, Gareth, Dan and Justin made their way over to us and pulled me into a hug, the taller guys having to lift me off the ground slightly to make it more comfortable for them. I was never a short kid but being 5'7" around rugby players, never made me feel as tall as I actually was. "It's been a while Izzy!" Dan said as he made his way to me. It really had been a long time as one of us was always injured, playing or training whilst the other was free. These guys were some of my favourite people, I mean I spent so much time with them growing up that they felt like older brothers to me, they were just as annoying as Alun and could constantly be on my case but at the same time, I wouldn't know what to do without them in my life.

"You gonna tell them your news? Just the four of them? It hasn't officially been released but you were told you could tell family and I mean..." Alun faded off near the end but I knew what he meant, these guys were pretty much my family so I suppose it wouldn't hurt for the four of them to have an idea as to why I was about to disappear for almost six months.

"Franco got in contact with my boss, Ben, asking how I'd been doing. He's offered me a job as his assistant coach for the Six Nations campaign next year!" Immediately I was crowded by the group, being pulled left and right into their arms as they all attempted to hug me at the same time but failing miserably. "I'm home for the next four days, then I'm gone until at least March!"