chapter 5

Rock! Paper! Scissors!

"I win!!!"

yugyeom starts laughing at his face as he does a small victory dance.

Jungkook was pouty as he lost yet again. and one thing for sure was that he did not like to lose. Especially not to yugs.

They were deciding to see who was gonna take the finger flick. And Jungkook lost. So now yugyeom was gonna try to hit him as hard as he could and jungkook would have to take it no matter what.

" hey yugy how about we make it a three round decision huh?" Jungkook asks with not much hope anyway but he still wants to push him a little.

"Noooopppe" yugyeom replies as he starts stretching his fingers to flick him. "You didn't show ME mercy when I asked you to go easy" he accuses while prepping.

"Lets make a deal. i'll go easier next round if I win and in turn you go easy on me this round. how about that?" Jungkook pleads but the pleas fall to deaf ears as yugyeom suddenly flicks him on his forehead with his index finger.

Jungkook yelps a little as he was caught off guard. he falls backward on the soft mattress as if the flick had given him a concussion and killed him. he stays there holding his forehead as yugyeom laughs his ass off sitting next to him.

"Stop the drama you literal baby" yugyeom says in between his laughs and trys to pulls kook up to sitting position but Jungkook does not comply and eventually yugyeom gives up and just plops himself on top of Jungkook with a huff.

But to yugyeoms surprise Jungkook actually whimpers out a pained moan as he pushes yugyeom off him and clutches his left wrist with his right hand. His wrist had been caught in an awkward position when yugyeom's body landed on him and the cuts seemed to have opened up a little due to that.

Yugyeom being concerned for his friend immediately sits up and trys to take kook's wrist to see if he accidentally hurt him but Jungkook just jerks up and moves himself away from yugyeom hurt and fear evident in his eyes. yugyeom was hurt and confused by his reaction. did he do something? did he hurt him? why was his best friend suddenly so afraid of him?

As yugyeom was about to reach out again he saw something which made his blood turn cold.

Blood was seeping through Jungkook's black and white stripped sleeves. a patch of dark red forming slowly. Yugyeom was frozen in his place. He didn't know what to do .

As yugyeom's eyes stayed glued to Jungkook's wrist, Jungkook himself didn't know what he was looking at, he was too busy trying to come up with an excuse as to his reaction to yugyeom's approach just then. When he finally noticed yugyeom's eyes staring at his wrists frozen in place, he turned to see what he was looking at and nearly had a breakdown.

Yugyeom saw. He saw. He is gonna tell his hyungs. His hyungs are gonna Jungkook's hyungs then. He couldn't let his hyungs know. He doesn't want to worry them. He doesn't want to be a burden to them. Would they even care?

-----------------------------------------------

1 week ago

After Jungkook's and yugyeom's call Jin couldn't help but notice how close the two of them seem to be now. The whole ride home they were talking so happily and Jungkook even seemed to blush every now and then. Jungkook blushing because of someone not one of bts somehow made him a little upset yet angry at the same time.

But he knew he had no right to be. He also didn't have the right to beat Jungkook the time everything went down. He knew but he couldn't forgive Jungkook for killing her.

Everyone had not eaten lunch yet and jin didn't wanna cook for them today so he decided on ordering instead. He remembers everyone's go to for delivery after an exhausting day so he didn't bother asking them what they wanted.

After everyone seemed to have freshened up and ready to leisurely spend the rest of the day, the doorbell seemed to go off. Jimin rushed to the door to get the food as he knew it could be no one else.

After paying the man and getting all the bags to the kitchen, albeit with a little help from Jin, everyone gathered around the dining table to eat. Everyone except for one.

While distributing the food to all 6 of them, Jin noticed something.

He had ordered Jungkook's favourite lamb skewers too.

Not only that but he had also taken out 7 sets of cutlery. Again.

That seemed to have been the last straw for him. He couldn't keep ignoring and pushing Jungkook around anymore.

He decided in his heart that he was gonna be a good hyung to Jungkook. even though he might have fucked up once, maybe not just once, but he was gonna try to amend to his mistakes.

But do not misunderstand him, he is no more going to beat kook but he will still be pushing him around a little. He is going to still be a part of their plan but To try and uncover what actually happened that night.

"Hyung!" Taehyung snapped him out of his thoughts. He hums.

" Your kimchi stew is getting cold! Are you going to eat or not?" he looked down at his portion of stew and realized he had been holding his spoon in his mouth for the whole time it had taken for the stew to get cold.

He took the saliva covered spoon out of his mouth and put it back down in his bowl. Hoseok grimaced a little at the saliva covered spoon being out back in the cold stew. " You got something to say?" Jin says looking at Hoseok with an eyebrow raise. 'No-" hobi gets cut off by Namjoon " You are disgusting"

.

.

.

Jungkook hears his hyungs bickering and maybe even the sound of plates being broken but he goes back to texting his 99 liners friends in their gc. He desperately wants to be a part of the commotion downstairs even if he were to be just sitting there blending in the background.

But he couldn't and wont, both for himself and his hyung's sake.

While texting his friends he got a noticification saying he got a message from yoongi hyung. He taps on it to read it-"Lamb skewers. Downstairs. Take it upstairs after we are done."

Albeit short and not very affectionate this message brings tears to his eyes. "Why?" he utters softly. Why do they push him away, ignore him and then do stuff like these. He cant move on because of small things like these.

Small gestures like getting him his fav food, patting his head although by force of habit, looking jealous during the whole time he was talking to yugyeom. He couldn't take it anymore.

---------------------------------------------

inspiration always seems to strike me right before my exams everytime :D

also sorry for not updating tehe~