Pilot- S1; EP1 Part 1

A/N: Hello! Welcome to episode one. I wanna add a little key of things I'll most likely use. (If I use something in the future you aren't familiar with and it's not in the key, comment and I'll get back to you asap! I will be creating a last name for you, but most things you can fill in yourself. If you don't like the last name I give, just change it.

(Y/N)= Your name/ first name

(E/C)= Eye color (H/C)=Hair color (S/C)= Skin color

3rd Person POV:

"This job is eating me alive. I can't breathe anymore." Jake Peralta says in a gravely voice, "I spent all these years trying to be the good guy, the man in the white hat. I'm not becoming like them... I am them." In front of him are Detectives Amy Santiago and (Y/N) Aberra. Amy, looking confused and (Y/N) suppressing a smile.

"What are you doing weirdo?" Amy asks. Jake is standing in front of a video camera attached to multiple TVs, quoting Donnie Brasco. At this question, (Y/N) struggles to hold back her laugh. To her and Jake it was obvious, but Amy never understands.

"I'm doing the best speech from 'Donnie Brasco.' Actually-," he pauses to gesture to the multiple screens, "-ten of me are doing the best speech from 'Donnie Brasco.'" (Y/N) makes a 'duh' noise and Jake continues, looking at the TVs, "Sup."

"Get it together, man. All ten of you." She says to Jake, before addressing (Y/N), "You too, Aberra. C'mon, don't encourage him."

"Sorry, Ames. Somebody has too, I mean he's my best friend." She giggles again, looking at Jake messing with the nanny-cam teddy bear and some of the electrical equipment.

Amy and (Y/N) turn away from Jake to review their notes with the owner, "Anyway," Amy says clearing her throat, "Store was hit about two hours ago. Perps disabled the alarm-" A drum machine begins loudly playing, interrupting her. (Y/N) grimaces, Jake apologizes quickly, and Amy continues, "They mostly took tablets and cameras. I'd like a list of your employees, anyone who had access to the store. I'd also like to apologize for my partners, one's parents didn't give him enough attention and the other is trying to make up for that." Amy says, somewhat harshly.

"Hey! You guys are so mean to him! Plus, I'm just nice-" (Y/N) is cut of by Jake.

"Uh Detectives, I already solved the case." Amy and (Y/N) look at him skeptically, "We're looking for three white males. One of whom has sleeve tats on both arms," He continues, looking bored.

"And how do you know this, Jake?" (Y/N) asks, walking up to him.

With a straight face, he looks her right in the eyes and tells her, "I had an informant on the inside." Confused, (Y/N) and Amy watch him continue, "He's been here for years. Watching. Learning. Waiting." Walking backwards, Jake reaches to grab something, "His code name? Fuzzy Cuddle Bear." Switching from a straight face to a triumphant smile he says, "He's a nanny-cam." He tilts his head and smiles a lopsided smile.

"Wow, he's adorable." (Y/N) thinks about Jake. Jake turns to her and agrees.

"Right? I love, Fuzzy Cuddle Bear." Jake says. She panics but then sighs, relieved he didn't know what she was talking about, but was still internally panicking that she said it out loud.

Amy just scoffs, "You got lucky!" Jake shakes his head and begins taking the chip out of the bear's camera.

"No," He sighs, placing the chip in the video player, "I got here five minutes before you two and figured that in this gigantic electronics store, there had to be at least one working camera." We all look over at a TV as it starts replaying the footage, "Oh! Hi, bad guys! You did it, Fuzzy. You busted 'em. It's time to come home." He says to Fuzzy Cuddle Bear.