Pilot- S1; Ep1 Part 2

3rd Person POV:

Morgenthau's Apartment

Everyone is moving around the apartment, gathering evidence and taking notes. Jake walks up to Rosa, Charles, and (Y/N), "Okay so the perp came in through the window, left the muddy, red foot print, and apparently had sex with the dish rack." Jake waits for the anticipated laughter only to be met with (Y/N) listing off more evidence.

  "Shell casing found here, two shots." She points to her right and makes a finger gun, "Bang bang." Bored, she walks towards Jake.

"Great work, Detective Aberra! You get a tie." He says, tossing her a random tie from his pocket.

"Hey, that's mine. You took it from my desk." Charles says solemnly. Rosa smiles amused, while Amy and (Y/N) just look at Jake confused.

"That's right, Charles! Good solve! Tie for you!" Jake exclaims, Charles gets extremely excited and catches the tie. (Y/N) shakes her head biting back a laugh at her best friends, Rosa just laughs anyway.

"Thanks!"

"Everyone be sure to put those on, because it's impossible to solve crimes unless you're wearing a tie." Jake announces to the squad in the apartment. (Y/N) sighs at Jake, exasperated, and walks up to him, beginning to put the tie around his neck. She tries to fight back the blush creeping onto her face at the close proximity to Jake and tries to keep her cool. Jake just avoids eye-contact, becoming extremely flustered.

"What are you-"

"Lay off the captain," Amy interrupts Jake's flustered stuttering, as (Y/N) ties his tie, "That man is gonna be my Rabbi."

(Y/N) finishes with the tie and Jake immediately pulls it off, "Okay, first of all when you use the word 'Rabbi,' you know that turns me on and that's unfair in the work environment," (Y/N) feels a pang of jealousy at Jake's indirect flirting, but ignores it as she knows he's only joking. Jake, continues, "Secondly, your Rabbi  is a pain in my ass."

"Yeah, he's a little too serious." Charles agrees with Jake and (Y/N) smacks the back of Charles' head, "Ouch... What do you think, Rosa?"

"He seems cool."

"Yeah, he seems cool I agree..." (Y/N) rolls her eyes at Charles' sudden change in opinion.

"Looks like the perp stole a computer, a watch, and a Jamon Iberico ham, valued at-" Her once bored look turns into amused shock as she reads out the cost of the ham, "What?! Six thousand dollars!"

"Six thousand dollars for a ham?!" Jake and (Y/N) question in sync, bewildered.

"Jamon Iberico ham is an amazing cured ham from Spain. They had it at my uncle's funeral! I gorged myself at that funeral!" Charles speaks dreamily, reminiscing in the memory of the ham, "I mean,  I was constipated for three days."

"Wow, that was a great story, Charles. Thank you!" Jake replies sarcastically, Charles chuckles, "Alright, listen up everybody! Better contact Captain Holt, let him know we have a ten-tie situation."  Amy smirks at Jake, victoriously, as she glances at Holt standing behind Jake. (Y/N) just internally facepalms.

"Speaking of ties, where's yours, Meep Morp?" Holt asks, frustrated. Jake mumbles, aggressively as Amy speaks up. 

"Oh, he had one on, sir. (Y/N) forced it on him, but he took it off." (Y/N) shoot's Amy a glare and she just shrugs in response.

"Captain! Hey! Welcome to the murder... What are you doing here?" Jake says, feigning enthusiasm and putting on a fake smile.

"I like to know what my detectives are up to. That okay by you?"Jake nods, "Take Aberra and knock on doors, see if the neighbors heard anything. I'd send you alone, but she's clearly babysitting you."