The Slump-S1; Ep3 Pt 1

A/N: The parentheses around Y/N are annoying so I'm changing the formatting on that. Just an FYI in case it bugs anyone.

The Bullpen:

Jake and Y/N sit at their desks while Amy, Rosa, Charles, and Gina surround them, distracting themselves with their usual morning banter.

"Top two cop movies in order: Training Day and Fargo. End of discussion." Amy finalizes, coffee cup in hand and a smug smile of satisfaction on her face. Disagreement flutters through the group as each of them begins to list their own movies.

"Wrong." Jake responds, rather bluntly. Then dramatically placing his hand over his heart, continues, "Die Hard is the best cop movie of all time. One cop heroically saving the day while everyone else stands around and watches. It's the story of my life." Y/N scoffs and makes a quiet 'mhm'.

"I like Turner and Hooch. Tom Hanks, reluctant friendship with a dog," Charles sighs and gestures to his heart, "That hits me where I live." Chuckles and sighs echo through the group.

Rosa speaks up, quick to disagree, "No. Robocop. It's got everything like--gratuitous violence."

"And...?" Y/N raises her eyebrows, encouraging Rosa to continue. Rosa silently replies by replicating her expression and shrugging her shoulders.

"Oh, I thought you were listing things." Jake chimes in, causing Y/N to chuckle.

"I was. I'm done." Rosa concludes, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Alright, you guys are forgetting one of the best movies ever." Y/N receives several confused stares, "Lethal Weapon?! Hello?? The quintessential buddy-cop movie. I mean like the original enemies-to-lovers." Jake quirks his head and chuckles a little.

Gina clears her throat, announcing her turn, "Mmh, lets talk Bad Boys. That's the perfect cop movie. Mr. Smith, lookin' fine. A hot cup of tea leone. Come on." Gina thinks for a moment, "Although, I have to give it to you Y/N, Riggs and Murtaugh are definitely beau gosse." Gina raises her eyebrows suggestively at Y/N, just smiles and nods.

"Francois Truffaut's Breathless." Terry interrupts, causing everyone to turn to him in confusion, "What?! Terry likes foreign films."

Shaking his head, Jake turns all attention back to him, "Mm-kay. There is a correct answer to this question, though. So gather around for the greatest cop film of all time. Please refrain from texting during our presentation." Everyone gathers around, behind Jake, while he pulls something up on his computer. On his immediate left, Y/N hangs over his shoulder so close that the warmth from her body sends a shiver down his spine. He quickly straightens and clears his throat, hoping his reddening ears go unnoticed. The video finally loads and Jake continues, "All right, so there's Hitchcock and there's an old Hooker..." On the screen, Hitchcock attempts to apprehend a hooker, however the situation takes and turn and she punches him in the gut. "There it is!"

As this occurs, Hitchcock walks past and sighs heavily, "Come on, guys! That happened like four years ago!"

"Shh! This is the best part! She comes back, takes the wallet and here she goes!" Jake narrates as the hooker comes back to steal his wallet and swiftly kicks him in the groin. Everyone grimaces.

"That's rough..." Y/N winces, looking at Hitchcock guiltily.

The Briefing Room:

Everyone gathers into the briefing room for the morning briefing. Jake spots Charles leaning against a table stirring a cup of coffee, wearing an outfit strikingly similar to that of The Lady Killer.

"Hey, love the sweater! Who you slayin' tonight, Lady Killer?" Jake jokes, earning an elbow from Y/N who had just walked up. He looked over to her and smiled, receiving a disapproving smirk from her.