Chapter 1: Your Parisian Life Begins

You were sitting in the back of a taxi cab with your mom and dad. You look out of the window while sitting between your parents. Your dad was looking at his phone while your mom was looking through a newspaper.

Y/N: "Mom, Dad, why did we move to Paris again?" 

D/N: "Y/N, we've been over this like a thousand times. Your mother and I both got lucrative job opportunities here. My company gladly transferred me here and even gave me a raise."

M/N: "While I am going to join a new company as a manager. My base salary will be around... 72,500 Euros, or around 82,500 dollars a year. Isn't that great?"

Y/N: "It is, Mom. I'm happy for both of you but, I haven't even gone to high school yet. How I am supposed to make new friends, learn advanced French, and learn how to get around Paris?!"

D/N: "There's no need to worry Y/N. The part of Paris we're moving into has a lot of people that speak excellent English. Your new school, Collège Françoise Dupont, or Françoise Dupont High School, is a public secondary school, or collège in French."

Y/N: "I know. Since in France, 'secondary school' is like middle school, and 'lycée' is like high school."

M/N: "At least you're picking up on your French quickly, Y/N." She kisses you on the forehead which makes you smile.

Taxi Driver: "Here is your stop Monsieurs and Madame."

The taxi stops by a four-story house with a balcony about five minutes away from Françoise Dupont High School.

You exit the car and see that it has a mixed modern and classic European building style.

Y/N: "Woah, never seen this kind of house before."

D/N: "Well, you better get used to it. 'Cause is our new home. Your furniture is already unpacked and your things are on the floor, okay?"

Y/N: "Okay. I guess I might love living here after all." You smile and rush into the house with your new house key. Your parents grin at each other and hug as you tour your home. 

The first floor is the living room, bathroom, and dining kitchen. The living room has a dark wood floor and white walls. In the center of the living room, there is a black couch and a black loveseat. A small gray table sits in front of it with a beige rug underneath it. The couch faces a 65-inch flat-screen TV that hangs on the wall. A dark red cabinet stand underneath it holds a Blu-ray, (your favorite gaming console or multiple consoles). To the left of the TV is a bookshelf that is against the wall. On both sides of the TV are windows. On the floor next to the TV stand is a large coil pot.

The kitchen has large, oak-trimmed windows with light gray shades. Below the windows in the kitchen, there are two sets of light oak cabinets, a gray dishwasher, a stainless steel sink, an oven, and a modern, gray refrigerator. Inside the cabinets are various spices and dressings. There's a microwave above the oven and a toaster on the counter. The floor is dark wood as well. The dining table has six chairs surrounding it with three rectangular prism lights hanging above it.

Y/N: "Nice. I'll love eating, gaming, and chilling down here."

You walk up the red-carpeted and gold-trimmed stairs and see that the second floor is the laundry room, master bedroom, and bathroom.

The laundry room has a modern washer and dryer as well as a shelf for laundry products and laundry baskets. There's also a chute for you to dump your clothes directly into a basket when they are dirty.

Y/N: "Alright! I've never had a laundry chute before."

You were about to enter your parents' room when your mom walks past you.

M/N: "Sorry Precious, but I need a nap from all the flying. Please tell your father to keep it down while I sleep."

Y/N: "Sure Mom."

She smiles in a thankful manner and closes the door.

Y/N: "Guess my parents will love their room."

You finally make your way to the third floor but, you're surprised to find steps to an attic-like trapdoor.

Y/N: "Huh. That's weird."

You walk up the steps and push the trapdoor up to look into your room.

Y/N: "Wow, this is incredible."

On one side of your room is a Full XL bed with two white pillows and one (favorite color) pillow, black covers, and a (favorite color) blanket. On the wall, there's a large calendar and a small light that's attached to the wall. Photos of you and your family are on either side of the calendar. 

On the other side is a large wooden desk table. A black desk light lies next to your laptop, some papers, a few notebooks, a pencil holder, and a lava lamp. Next to the desk is a small bookcase with a dozen or so of your favorite books. Posters of some of your favorite celebrities, Stan Lee,  and a (favorite video game) poster hang above your desk. A comfy (favorite color) beanbag chair is near your bed. A wide and tall window that is slanted goes from the floor to nearly the roof. 

You open it and feel the fresh Parisian breeze.

Y/N: "If I didn't have to go to school, I'd never leave this place. I love Paris."

You flop onto your bed with a happy sigh and wonder about all the good times you'll about to have...