Chapter 2: Finding Beauty In A Bakery

The next day, Saturday morning...

You were playing some (your favorite game) in the living room when your mom calls you.

M/N: "Y/N!"

Y/N: "Yes, Mom?"

M/N: "Can you pick some bread and dessert from a bakery for me?"

Y/N: "Sure!" You turn off the (whatever console you want) and head to your mom.

She's walking down the stairs and hands you a piece of paper.

M/N: "Go to the Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie. This is the receipt."

Y/N: "But, what about the money?"

M/N: "I paid for it online. Now just look up the bakery and be on your way. Your father's going to be hungry soon."

Y/N: "Some delicious French bread and sweets do sound good right now. See you later."

You put on some shoes and walk out of your house with the paper in your pocket. Looking at your phone, you search up the bakery's location and quickly find it on your Maps app.

Y/N: "Great! It's only a few minutes away."

You walk through your neighborhood and admired the beauty of Paris. You see vendors on the sidewalks, a teenage girl with skates jumping over a curb as her friend records it, a large police officer assisting an elderly man, and people greeting each other.

Y/N: "Wow, the people are really nice here." You say to yourself.

After walking for a bit, you admire your destination as you cross the street.

The entrance to the bakery features white walls, with white rectangles slightly outset from the walls, outlined in gold. The windows are tinted dark black with capital letters in gold. Six of the windows (appearing in pairs) have a golden design, each depicting a peel, grains of wheat, and a croissant as the logo. In the center of two of these pairs is an arch window, outlined in white. Above each arch is a small rectangular clear window. The door is styled similarly to the outside walls, with the same black window, gold lettering, and white outline. Above the windows and door is a white overlap with ridges, gold lettering, and a black background.

 Above the windows and door is a white overlap with ridges, gold lettering, and a black background

Y/N: 'Very fancy. This bakery is in a great location.' You thought.

Upon entering the bakery, you see a collection of glass display cabinets to your left, showcasing many treats. On top of the cabinets are small displays of baked bread, ready to sell. The floors are ornately styled, with repeating designs of lilies and fleur-de-lis. The walls are wood near the entrance and brick farther back. To the right are more displays, and further along is the register, with peels hanging from the ceiling above, and a cast-iron oven in the background.

Behind the counter, a very large and tall white man with short brown hair, green eyes, sideburns, and a mustache stands up proudly and greets you.