Chapter 8: Animan

Across the courtyard, you were spying on Marinette and Alya who were giggling while reading a magazine.

Adrien and Nino appear behind you and tease you.

Adrien Agreste: "FYI, Marinette's never going to fall in love with a statue."

Nino Lahiffe: "Yeah, bro. Your density might push her away."

You pull Nino and Adrien behind a wall so you three can hide.

Y/N: "Shhh! You know I can get nervous around Mari sometimes. I mean, do I go up to her and crack a joke? Shoot her a compliment? Invite her to the zoo? Play it seriously?"

Adrien Agreste: "Y/N, you're way over-thinking this. 'Invite her to the zoo', you serious?"

Nino Lahiffe: "Well, they do have this really cool new exhibit there."

Y/N: "Exactly."

Adrien Agreste: *sighs* "Listen, just be yourself, man." He tells you while putting his arm around you.

Y/N: "That's easy for you to say, Mr. Front-of-the-Teen-Model-Weekly-cover. I'm not that cool."

Nino Lahiffe: "You're cool too, dude, trust me — or you wouldn't be our best bud. Invite her to the zoo. She'll say 'yes', I promise."

Adrien Agreste: "But first, just tell us why you like her."

Y/N: "Well, she's kind, smart, beautiful, generous, thoughtful, inventive, sweet, honest--"

Nino Lahiffe: "I think we get the point, dude."

You exhale and begin having confidence as you start walking over to Marinette and Alya. But you panic at the last minute and runs back to your BFFs. 

Y/N: "But what if I act like a total moron or she thinks I'm becoming lame or—?"

Adrien Agreste: "Okay, we've got your back." You, Adrien, and Nino fist-bump.

Outside Collège Françoise Dupont, Alya and Marinette are walking out while you, Adrien, and Nino are hiding behind a banister.

Adrien signals you and Nino to come out of hiding.

Marinette was holding a teen magazine in front of her while accompanying her BFF.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng: "Oh, they're both such—"

Alya Césaire: "Smarties, hotties, suavísimos, yummy-tastic spellbinders!"

Marinette Dupain-Cheng: "All of the above." She bumps into you. "Huh?"

You stand very still in front of her with a wide nervous smile.

Adrien Agreste: *appears behind you with Nino* "Oh, so sorry." He nudges you. "Right, Y/N?"

Y/N: "Y-yeah, right. Sorry, Marinette."

Marinette giggles and looks down to see the magazine pages with pictures of Adrien.

 Marinette Dupain-Cheng: "Ahh!"

She bends down to pick up the magazine before you or Adrien see it, but he walks over to pick it up for her. They end up bumping into each other by their foreheads.

Marinette and Adrien: "Oof. Sorry." Marinette grabs the magazine away.

Adrien Agreste: "Sorry about that. How could we make it up to you? Any ideas... guys?"

Nino Lahiffe: "Hmm. How about we all check out the zoo today? Word is they've got a new..." 

He snaps his fingers in front of you since you had a blank stare.