Chapter 6: School Politics & Study Buddies

The next day...

In Miss Bustier's class, Chloé and Sabrina are standing in front of the students. Chloé is running for the class representative position with Sabrina as her deputy. Just then, Marinette runs in, her excuse being that she missed the bus and she has a cold. Alya brings Marinette up to speed, mentioning that Chloé has been the class representative since elementary school. Miss Bustier dismisses you all for lunch, letting the class mull over its decision.

In the school's courtyard, Chloé uses threats to dissuade you from entering the race for class representative and wanders off with Sabrina to threaten the rest of the class. When Marinette asks you what Chloé told you, you mention that you're too busy and don't care. But you wonder why Marinette won't run. Marinette claims again that she's far too busy to run, but then cedes that she will run if no one else will. She also promises to help you with your homework after school.

Returning to the classroom, Miss Bustier asks if anyone else wants to run against Chloé and Sabrina. Finding no opposition, Miss Bustier almost declares Chloé and Sabrina the class representatives, but Marinette interjects, stating that she'll enter the race. Excited, Miss Bustier tells Marinette that the next day the candidates will give speeches and the students will have a chance to vote.

During a break, Alya tries to help Marinette come up with a campaign platform. Marinette realizes that she had not put much thought into how to run a campaign, but is approached by Nino and some of her other friends. They help by supplying her with plenty of ideas. Alya spots you and Adrien descending the stairs and asks if you two will vote for Marinette. Adrien responds that he will vote for Marinette if she gives a good speech, motivating Marinette further. You agree with his statement, but you planned on voting for Marinette regardless. Only meters away, Chloé and Sabrina watch the scene. Chloé explains to Sabrina that according to her father, the best way to win a political race is to "destroy the opposition's reputation and reveal their secrets".

After school...

Marinette, as Ladybug, enters through the trapdoor to the balcony and lands on her bed.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng: "Tikki, spots off!"

She walks down the steps of her elevated bed and heads to her desk.

A news report was playing on Marinette's computer. A female reporter stands at a medium height with pale skin, brown eyes, and small pink lips. She has vibrant, short, fuchsia hair. She wears a cuffed indigo blazer with a purple button and lining. Underneath, she wears a violet blouse. Around her neck, she has a gold chain necklace with a pale green five-petaled flower charm. She also wears a white watch on her right wrist, white jeans, and red shoes.

Her name was Nadja Chamack, Manon's mother.

Nadja Chamack: "Ladybug, Falcon Rouge, and Cat Noir have saved Paris yet again

Nadja Chamack: "Ladybug, Falcon Rouge, and Cat Noir have saved Paris yet again."

Marinette grunts as she sits on her rolling chair.