Prison Break

ALONZO

I wake up to the sound of chains rattling. "What?" I say as I see a young woman around the age of Vanessa kneeling beside me with a bottled water and a single key in her hand.

"Shh, he doesn't know I'm down here. I need you to be quiet." I simply go in and out of consciousness. My whole body is drenched in sweat, blood, dirt, and remnants of lemon juice that Derek claimed would help heal my wounds.

"W-who ar-are you? What do you want?" I grit out. Surprisingly he didn't pull any of my teeth out. He told me that he'd be too freaked out by how I would look without teeth. Can't say I blame him.

"My name's Brennan and all I want is for Derek to be happy. But that can't happen if he continues to only care about the past. I need you to warn the Viper and keep her away from him. He'd do anything to get his revenge." She whispers as she's carefully unlocking my chained limbs and addressing some of my major wounds with a first-aid that I never saw before now.

I take the bottled water and chug it down before I talk again. "Come with me. We can warn them together and you can be free of him." I urge.

"No, I- I can't leave him. He's the only family I have left. He won't hurt me." She says with a sad smile and caresses my face. Her gentle touch sends a chill through my spine. I haven't felt anyone's gentle touch on my skin since I got kidnapped.

"How do I get out of here?" I ask struggling to get on my feet. I lean against the wall for support until I find the strength to stand alone.

"Just walk through those doors and sneak out through the back door. I've done this dozens of times with different prisoners. He's never once caught me." She grins triumphantly.

I narrow my eyes at her and push her, forcing her against the wall in a choke hold. "How do I know this isn't just some trick that he pulls to get people to walk to their deaths?! You tell me now if this is an execution!" I hiss.

"I s-swear it's not!" She rasps out. I let go of her and she collapses to the floor gasping for air.

"If I get out of here, I'll come back for you. No one should be living under the same roof of that psychopath." I whisper and make my way out of the door, practically dragging my feet.

When I make it outside, I see that it's night time. You can't see a star in the sky because of a dank fog. I smile because you can just barely see tall buildings a few miles away. We're in New York or atleast close to a major city. It shouldn't be too hard to find a way back to Nicholas.

NICHOLAS

She's so damned stubborn! I just want to strangle her until she submits to my every command. I'm being gentle and patient with her because that's what Alonzo would tell me. The knowledge that he might still be alive is what's keeping me sane.

If I learned that my best friend was dead I'd.... I'd become my father. I heard stories from other older kings saying how much I remind them of my father. I didn't ever believe them but maybe his downfall was when Alonzo's father, Antonio started drinking. I always referred to him as Uncle Tony.

I walk into the lounge and collapse on the couch. "Why does the world suck ass?!"

"Because it enjoys to, why else? Look I'm sorry for dragging Van and Krysti with me to Germany." I hear Mica say sitting down across from me.