Crazy

DEREK

"Where is he?!" I shout at Brennan who was sitting in the library reading a book.

"Where is who?" She asks raising an eyebrow with a distinct frown on her face. Maybe it wasn't her that let him go.

"The prisoner?! Alonzo Russo, Nicholas's second in command?!" I growl out marching up to her.

"Oh, him. Yes, I let him go. Only because he was of no use to us. We thought they would locate him or search for him but they decided to put the thought aside. You are to blame for most of this. I told you to get him here without them finding you out! You made the mistake of him seeing you! You were careless and reckless!" She says gently then begins to raise her voice. I clench my fists and back away frightened. After all these years I still have the urge to flinch when I'm approached like this.

"It wasn't my fault! I planted the bodies and crashed the plane! I even tore out his tracker to make it harder for them. I did everything you told me to do, my Queen." I whisper not looking her in the eyes.

She gently places her book down and walks up to me in a slow pace as if a predator approaching her prey. I nervously shift because I've seen first hand what she is capable of.

"I thought I told you not to call me that. My dear, Derek. Yes, you listened to me and I'm glad that all those years living under the same roof as them, your loyalty did not once waver. But, I told you to make sure that no one knew about you. You disobeyed me and not only got Alonzo involved but a young woman. That makes me sad." She says gently as she caresses my face with a sad smile.

"I've said a lot of things to him. What if he tells Nicholas and Diana? I can't go back! How will I be able to get my revenge?!"

"You won't. You were a means to an end darling and now it's time for you to pay for what you've done to them. You see, I never wanted any of them dead. I only wanted my father destroyed and you to spy on that family." She whispers with an evil glint in her eyes.

All of a sudden her men storm into the room and restrain me. I gape at her in shock. I thought we were a great pair. Ouch, now my heart hurts. Eh, I'll get over her. I should've known the only true love in my life would be food and a good soap opera.

"I don't understand. You promised me I could kill Diana and get vengeance for my dearly departed brother! I did everything for you! I killed my friend! I even faked my death to fool my ex-boyfriend into thinking I was killed in an alleyway! You need me! I- I can help you gain control of the mafias! O-or help kill your father?! Please, Brennan! I love you." I beg and even manage to shed a tear for dramatic effect.

Brennan laughs. "We both know you don't love anyone but yourself. I won't lie when I say I won't enjoy this. But you are crazy Derek. I'm doing you a favor. Have fun playing checkers with your fellow crazy people in the mad house. You should thank me for paying for your treatment." My eyes widen and I struggle desperately to get out of the cuffs. I will not go to a hospital for the clinically insane! Not until I get to torture and kill Diana. I whimper like a dog wanting to be petted by it's master.

"No! No, please! I'm too crazy to be in those places! They don't have TV unless you count the news and politics! No! I'll get you for this!" I scream and cry out in rage as I'm dragged away out the doors of the house and forced into a white van. I hate hospitals.

Brennan

"Finally, he's gone. Now I can carry on to the next part of my plan." I say smiling to myself. I go back to my seat and curl up in a blanket with a good book. I've always enjoyed a good thriller with a bit of romance and a lot of surprises I never see coming.