Saved By The....Interruption

○●

Counting the times she heard thunder had lost it's charm. Turned out, they had been stuck inside the hut for a week. She had successfully in that time gathered information out of Zane that he had told Asha to send out word to other gorilla troops that he was looking for humans. Other than that interesting revelation, the rain hadn't let up. It had raged the whole time. She longed to look for her friends and secondly to swim in the plunge pool. 

Sometimes at night it grew softer but she knew Zane didn't like taking her anywhere at night. He said she wouldn't be able to see well. Meaning that he probably had great vision at night. She scowled thinking of it. Caught up in her brooding, she missed the sound of the rain stopping.

"The rain stopped. We can go to the waterfall if you like." Zane called to her from the desk.

She jumped off of the floor, grabbed the small bag of soaps, and sprinted to the door as she yelled.

"Last one to the waterfall is a rotten egg!"

"It will be quicker if I take us there." He spoke close to her back.

So much for her winning a race. He had reached her in seconds. She scrunched her face up and looked up at him.

"I suppose but don't go too fast. It makes me dizzy." She pointed at him.

"Promise."

He stuck his pinky out and she hooked hers with his. Without warning, he wrapped one arm around her waist and pulled her close. He buried his face into her neck and inhaled deeply. Goosebumps broke out all over her body and she fought not to be affected. She knew that he did that every so often but it always took her by surprise. He brought his head up and looked at her a moment. Her heart leapt into her throat. She couldn't decipher the look he was giving her. As sudden as it came, it was replaced with a relaxed gaze. He smiled at her and scooped her up in his arms as he went out the door. 

"Ready?" He asked as he grabbed a vine.

"No." She replied nervously.

He shook his head and leapt. She squeaked nervously in his ear and could feel him chuckling as he swung on the vines. He moved with grace and agility as he maneuvered them through the jungle. She held on tightly and tried not to get dizzy. Finally, they landed near the waterfall with the sound of his feet making a loud thud on the ground and he released her.

"I'm going to the top of the waterfall to wash. Call if you need me." He said as he took a soap from her and ran off to the top of the waterfall.

She bit her lip in thought. Up until now she really hadn't thought how exactly she would wash up without him seeing her naked. She had talked to him about when they first met and knew that he hadn't seen her naked. Well, there was no way around it now. Perhaps he wouldn't notice. After all, he did tell her how a native tribe to the north were basically nude. By that logic, he had seen a lot of naked women already so this wouldn't be a shock. She began to take her clothes off and grabbed her soap to wash her clothes. She washed them and placed them on the large rock nearby to dry. She went back to the water and to wash herself. The water came up to her ribs so she had to go to the shallow part. She finished washing and put her soap on the edge of the pool. She turned and went back to the middle of the plunge pool. She decided to take a swim. Her eyes drifted up automatically to check where Zane was. Instantly, she was caught between regretting and not the decision. She saw him. Naked. Washing his body in the waterfall. Her mouth dropped open. His muscles seemed to jump as he scrubbed. To see him like that stirred something inside her. She felt arousal tingle throughout her body. There could be no denying her feelings to herself. Physically, he was the most attractive man she'd ever met. Plus he was an absolute caring individual and always had good intentions. But...was it right of her to take advantage of the situation? Of him? He was her friend. Someone she had come to care about deeply. She would help him find his family and nothing else...right?