3: The Death of Saruman

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope your day is filled with love! Here it is! I just want to thank everyone who has read my books. First and second. You are incredible! I hope you enjoys his chapter! PLEASE vote and comment! ILYSM<3

Aragorn and Gandalf road into Isengard, followed by Tauriel, Gimli, the King and Éomer. As they entered they stumbled upon Merry and Pippin laughing and sitting upon a broken wall. "It's good. Definitely from the Shire. Longbottom Leaf!" Merry chuckled as the smoke puffed out of his mouth. Pippin sighed, "I feel like I'm back at the Green Dragon." Merry smiled, "Green Dragon." "A mug of ale in my hand. Putting my feet up on a settle after a hard day's work." Merry raised his eyebrows, "Only, you've never done a hard day's work." They both laughed. As they gazed upon Gandalf, Merry stood up regally. "Welcome, my lord, to Isengard!"

"You young rascals! A merry hunt you've led us on, and now we find you, feasting and... smoking!" Gimli shouted behind Legolas while Aragon and Tauriel smiled. Pippin shakes his head, "We are sitting on a field of victory, enjoying a few well-earned comforts. The salted pork is particularly good." "Salted pork?" Then at last there was a slice from the dwarf. Gandalf shakes head in disgust, "Hobbits." "We're under orders, from Treebeard, who's taken over management of Isengard." Merry puffed another puff of smoke into the air. The group road near Orthanc, while Treebeard greets them. "Young Master Gandalf. I'm glad you've come. Wood and water, stock and stone I can master. But there is a Wizard to manage here, locked in his tower." Aragorn turned his head whispering, "Show yourself." Gandalf looked at Aragon, "Be careful. Even in defeat, Saruman is dangerous." Gimli shakes his head with boredom, "Well, let's just have his head and be done with it!" "No." Gandalf raised his voice, "We need him alive. We need him to talk."

"You have fought many wars and slain many men, Théoden King, and made peace afterwards. Can we not take counsel together as we once did, my old friend? Can we not have peace, you and I?" Saruman looked down from the tower. Théoden looked up, "We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold and the children that lie dead there! We shall have peace when the lives of the soldiers whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the gates of the Hornburg, are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace."

Saruman chuckled, "Gibbets and crows? Dotard! What do you want, Gandalf Greyhame? Let me guess. The key of Orthanc. Or perhaps the Keys of Barad-dur itself along with the crowns of the seven kings and the rods of the Five Wizards!" Gandalf gazed upon the white figure, "Your treachery has already cost many lives. Thousands more are at risk. But you can save them, Saruman. You were deep in the enemy's counsel." Saruman raised his eyebrows as he leans his head forward, "So you have come here for information. I have some for you." Saruman lifts up his Palantír and gazes into it. Only fire and ruin was view from that orb, "Something festers in the heart of Middle-Earth. Something that you have failed to see. But the Great Eye has seen it."

As the eye grew on the Palantír they was another face who appeared. The face turn around to reveal Tauriel. Crying over Kili's body. Saruman puts the Palantír back down. Tauriel could hear everyone gasped when her face appeared. She gasped to, her heart stopped. "Even now he presses his advantage. His attack will come soon. You're all going to die." Saruman breathed as he looks at Tauriel, "especially the girl." There was a silence, "you can give her to us, I will tell you more."

Aragon pulled out his sword and Legolas pulled out an arrow. "You can have her over our dead body's!" Aragon shouted as Saruman smiled, "so be it, that is what I will do." Legolas pulled back his string, "you will not touch her!" Legolas yelled. Saruman only laughed, as Gandalf approaches the base of Orthanc.

"But you know this, don't you, Gandalf?" Gandalf sighed, "You cannot think that this Ranger will ever sit upon the throne of Gondor. This exile, crept from the shadows, will never be crowned king. Gandalf does not hesitate to sacrifice those closest to him, those he professes to love. You cannot think she can survive!" Saruman gazed upon Tauriel then back. "Tell me, what words of comfort did you give the Halfling before you sent him to his doom? Or her? The path that you have set him on can only lead to death. Her path was death from the beginning." Gandalf looked up, "why need Tauriel. She is no use for you." "Not for me, for Saron. He needs her. He's bound to her." Tauriel frowned, "bound?"

"I've heard enough!" Gimli whispered to Legolas, "Shoot him. Stick an arrow in his gob!" "No. Come down, Saruman, and your life will be spared." Gandalf muttered, "Save your pity and your mercy. I have no use for it!" Saruman sends down a giant fire-ball towards Gandalf. A giant flame surrounds where Gandalf was. The flam dies down, showing no damage. "Saruman, your staff is broken." Saruman's staff breaks in his hands into many pieces as Grima shows up behind Saruman. Théoden breathed, "Grima, you need not follow him. You were not always as you are now. You were once a Man of Rohan. Come down."

"A Man of Rohan?" Saruman laughed, "What is the house of Rohan but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and their brats roll on the floor with the dogs? The victory at Helm's Deep does not belong to you, Théoden Horse-master. You are a lesser son of greater sires." "Grima, come down. Be free of him." Théoden whispered. "Free? He will never be free." Grima shakes his head, "No." Saruman turned around, "Get down, cur!" Saruman hits Grima, knocking him down. Gandalf yelled once more, "Saruman! You were deep in the enemy's counsel. Tell us what you know!" Grima stood up slowly as he draws a small dagger. Saruman muttered, "You withdraw your guard, and I will tell you where your doom will be decided. I will not be held prisoner here."

Grima pounces on Saruman and stabs Saruman several times. Legolas releases an arrow, hitting Grima. Grima winces in pain and falls back, making Saruman plummet off the tower and towards the ground. He lands on top of a spear on one of his own devices. Disgust fell over the faces of several of the riders. Tauriel's eyes widen.

"Send word to all our allies, and to every corner of Middle-Earth that still stands free. The enemy moves against us. We need to know where he will strike." Gandalf commanded as the wheel spins, sinking Saruman into the waters. The Palantír falls out of his robe and into the water. Treebeard smiled, "The filth of Saruman is washing away. Trees will come back to live here. Young trees. Wild trees." Pippin sees an orange glow in the water. He wades into the water and picks it up, eyeing it curiously. "Pippin!" Aragon yelled as Treebeard's eyes widen, "Bless my bark!" Gandalf road forward, "Peregrin Took! I'll take that, my lad. Quickly now." Pippin hands the palantír to Gandalf, who quickly wraps it in his robe.

They road back to Édoras on horseback. As the sun peak over the sky and wind blow through the air Tauriel's question still remains. Bound?

Cliffhanger! There it is. Sorry. The next chapter is called...The Victorious Dead. There, Tauriel learns about her past. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. PLEASE vote and comment! ILYSM<3xx forever1912